Give From the Heart This Valentine's Day with Knobstoppers, OPI & The Akawelle Necklace!

Ah, a day to celebrate love!

But this doesn't have to be just about couples, you know (see yesterday's post). No, no, no! It can be about celebrating with your friend, your Mom or just doing something nice for yourself for a change.

So here are a few items that will brighten up your - or someone else's - day.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Stephanie Dickison
Publisher & Editor - the knack

Knobstoppers - Vintage Door Knob Wine Stoppers Make the Perfect Gift

Not only is this the coolest idea ever, but man are these Knobstoppers beautiful!

Now that half bottle of wine can be transformed into something beautiful, a piece of art, while preserving that last glass and a half of vino.

Created by Robbie & Angie Cook, these are one-of-a-kind items are made from reclaimed vintage doorknobs and other items, so they have chipped paint and flaws, but that's what makes them so amazing. That and the sturdy cork that they've attached, so you can use them over and over again.

And the selection is incredible - there's something here for everyone! Get the Hot Handle Knobstopper for someone to enjoy their wine while in the tub, the Painted Ringed Metal for the antique lover and the vintage Pool Ball and vintage Golf Ball for the sports fans.

I got the gorgeous Glass, which reminds me of the houses I grew up in and the Porcelain (white) with Single or Double Monogram, which makes for a really personal and unqiue gift.

When there isn't any wine in the house, I display them in a glass bowl in the kitchen. And somtimes I bring the Glass knob into my office and place it on my desk where I can see it. It catches the light and casts a spectrum around the room and reminds me of my youth.

Now that's an incredible present!

And 10% of all online sales will be donated to the Brain Tumor Research Fund at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital, to help fight childhood cancer.

Get yours now.

Feel the Heat of the South Beach Collection by OPI

To help get rid of the winter blues and to get a head start on summer, check out the latest collection from OPI - South Beach Collection!

These exciting and colourful polishes are a sure way to brighten up your current wardrobe of black, black and black. And somehow, OPI has managed to capture a little bit of warmth and sun in each bottle. These are new, fresh colours that will stand out from your current collection of dark browns and burgundies.

I love Done Out in Deco, a matte lavender that is deliciously modern and adds instant flair . The playful Suzi & the Lifeguard is a shimmery pearl pink that is completely flattering and feminine. Party in My Cabana is a gorgeous coral pink that feels every inch South Beach and Sand in My Suit is lovely, warm beige that looks like cashmere in a bottle. And that's just 4 of the 12 shades available!

I write about OPI again and again because their polishes go on easy (their ProWide Brush is amazing!), stay put without chipping and come in the most fun, luxurious colours. And they contain no DBP, Toluene or Formaldehyde.

I wouldn't want to ever be without them!

The Akawelle Necklace Is Beautiful & Meaningful

This is a necklace of courage, survival and hope.

Lovetta Conto was born in Liberia, West Africa, but fled to Ghana as a refugee with her father when she was 4 because of the civil war.

She grew up in a refugee camp but never stopped hoping and dreaming of a better life.

Now 15 years old, Lovetta has created a beautiful necklace - The Akawelle Necklace. She describes its parts:

"The Akawelle necklace begins as spent bullet shells collected from the land by the people of my country. I then melt down the casing into a leaf pendant and use the bottom of the bullet as a bead. The leaf is to show new life. What was once so terrible - and hurt so many people - is now beautiful. It's being used for good, to build my and my country's future."

And I'm here to tell you that it is a truly beautiful necklace. So much so that I wear it ALL THE TIME.

And each time I put it on, I think of Lovetta and her fellow countrymen and women fighting for their lives, for their freedom.

I am so proud to wear Lovetta's Akawelle Necklace. I hope you'll wear one too. After all, what better way to celebrate a day of love than giving to people who need it most?

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.