the knack difference
There is a difference between the knack and other product review/shopping blogs and sites is that I don't review just anything - I carefully curate products and services. My criteria for products and services is as follows:
Popular brands such as Lancome or Oribe will get occasionally reviewed because the product's just so good, you've got to try it!
|Trying out false eylashes|
4. Everything on the knack is tried, tested and written by me. That way, you get more than just a press release - you get a real experience with the product. I tell you how it smells, looks and works.
5. I am thorough. Many people write a few lines or a paragraph or two. And a lot of sites just reiterate what it says in the press kit or on the box or bottle. I don't do either.
6. I am an author and journalist. I make my living as a writer and editor. I am not just a product lover - I am a professional. I work hard at choosing and using language to describe my experience accurately.
7. I try and infuse my posts with humour and fun. Because this is so much fun!
8. I have been an influencer and tastemaker for a long time. People have come to know my taste and opinion. What you see is what you get.
Many thanks and warmest wishes,
Publisher & Editor - the knack