the knack difference
There is a difference between the knack and other product review/shopping blogs and sites is that I don't review just anything - I carefully curate products and services. My criteria for products and services is as follows:
Popular brands such as Lancome or Oribe will get occasionally reviewed because the product's just so good, you've got to try it! And occasionally high end brands such as La Prairie too, but usually the products are within reach.
3. I carefully select and feature products from across the globe - U.S., Australia, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Germany, Japan, Hong Kong and more.
|Trying out false eylashes|
5. Everything on the knack is tried, tested and written by me. That way, you get more than just a press release - you get a real experience with the product. I tell you how it smells, looks and works.
6. I am thorough. Many people write a few lines or a paragraph or two. And a lot of sites just reiterate what it says in the press kit or on the box or bottle. I don't do either.
7. I am an author and journalist. I have made my living as a writer and editor for two decades. I am not just a product lover - I am a professional. I work hard at choosing and using language to describe my experience accurately.
8. I try and infuse my posts with humour and fun. Because this is so much fun!
9. I have been an influencer and tastemaker for a long time. People have come to know my taste and opinion. What you see is what you get.
Many thanks and warmest wishes,
Publisher & Editor - the knack