Baron Fig - Notebooks That Are As Serious About Your Projects, Goals & To Dos as You Are6:00 am
- Just because it's paper doesn't mean it can't vastly be improved upon. Baron Fig's stunning collection of (innovative) notebook proves that.
- If you're still using the notebooks of your youth, you are just just capturing ideas. Which is good. You are on the right track. But you can do better.
- If you are convinced you are completely paperless, think again. There will be times when you won't have your phone and paper and pen will have to do. If you have to write it down, do it somewhere that counts. Your ideas are worth more than just a scrap of paper.
- You know that writing something down is more powerful than typing it out. So imagine the difference the type and layout of paper you use in stimulating your creativity and making you more efficient and productive.
- If you don't change the system you use - however tried and true - how can you grow and improve?
The genius of Confidant is that it's a hardcover that was designed to lie flat. That means you can actually write in it without breaking the spine, having either cover flop over and close in on you, and be able to write something down then step away without having to prop it open in the meantime with a stapler or something else on your desk, and have it be open, waiting for you and your next big idea without having to go to the trouble of opening it up again.
The size is perfect - not too big and not too small. Portable though with heft (192 pages with 12 perforated ones at the end) the acid-free fine grain paper means your ink won't bleed through and will also hold up over time.
And If you've never tried writing or drawing on dot grids, I urge you to now. It can really change the way you think and write.
I also can't get enough of the sophisticated, elegant linen cover (available in Flagship Gray or Charcoal) with rounded corners that give it a polish that leaves most store-bought journals left behind. It's no wonder these guys put the Confidant on Kickstarter with a goal of $15 and after 30 days had raised over $165,000, selling nearly 9,000 notebooks to thousands of customers around the world.
Vanguard Softcover comes in three sizes (Pocket, Flagship, and Plus) and two colours (Light Gray & Charcoal). The yellow stitched binding against the gray is tres chic and the textured cover is a pleasure to have and to hold. These were meant to travel but are totally okay to hang out in and around your desk and workspace. Getting three in a pack is sheer genius - you'll never have to worry about filling it up and waiting around until the next one comes along. It also means you can mark them for different purposes and goals.
Oh, and in case all that's not enough, when you buy a Confidant Notebook they plant a tree.
Stock up not just for yourself but for friends, family, and colleagues. At first glance, they might think, "Oh, just another notebook," but once they use it, you'll notice you'll receive a lot more invitations to events, and casseroles sent home with you as a way of thanks for such a great gift.