Count Down to Better Health With New Balance's Via Slim Pedometer


Did you know that you can walk your way to good health merely by eating well and walking 10,000 steps a day? According to The Walking Site:

"The average person's stride length is approximately 2.5 feet long. That means it takes just over 2,000 steps to walk one mile, and 10,000 steps is close to 5 miles. A sedentary person may only average 1,000 to 3,000 steps a day."

It sounds like a lot, but once you track your steps throughout the day, you might be surprised.

I put on my amazing new New Balance Via Slim Pedometer to track just my walk to the grocery store, library, post office etc. In other words, my usual route through the neighbourhood. Here are the results:

4951 steps
1.56 miles
149.5 calories burned
2.38 miles/hour

Now imagine if I'd worn it all day! There is something so invigorating having a pedometer along with you. It really does feel like you've got your own personal coach, egging you on to go that one bit farther. I felt like I just wanted to keep going!

And it's so easy to use. You just clip it onto your waistband and it does all of the hard work of counting and tracking your steps. It displays the time, sensing if you're walking or running, tracks how many miles you've gone and how fast and my favourite feature - tells you how many calories you've burned.

My Mom and I go walking once a week and it started out at just a few hours and this week was our longest yet - 8 hours! Luckily I had my trusty New Balance Via Slim Pedometer with me. Here's how we did this week:

15842 steps
5 miles
478.4 calories burned
2.34 miles/hour

I think I'm just going to keep this l'il baby on my at all times. In fact, I'm going to go for a long walk now and see how many steps I can go!

I've finally found the motivation to walk everyday and work off these last few pounds that just won't leave with my New Balance Via Slim Pedometer.

Get one too and we'll do it together!

    gottheknack

    1 comment:

    Lenore said...

    I just got one of these for Christmas...how do you turn it off? Does it turn off automatically? I'm also having trouble with the settings, but it seems like it'll be really cool once I get it to work.

    Instagram

    Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.