Alaffia Sustainable Skin Care Helps Communities Beat Unfair Conditions



It's not often that you can make a difference by buying skincare.

But Alaffia cares about more than your skin. They are advancing gender equality and alleviating poverty through the fair trade of handcrafted shea butter in Togo, West Africa and their amazing products.

Alaffia's Skincare line is superb, one of the best I've ever tried. And crazy inexpensive! When I saw the quality of the ingredients and how it transformed my skin, I thought for sure these bottles would be at least $60 each. 

Not even close!

My routine starts with the Rooibos & Shea Butter Antioxidant Facial Cleanser. Using a combination of  handcrafted shea butter, virgin coconut oil, rooibos tea, aloe and African wild honey, it feels soft and gentle on your skin, but considering that I had some waterproof makeup on, it really went to work on getting everything off - with no effort on my part.

I love the feeling of having a freshly washed face before bed, but learned long ago that soap dries out your skin. My skin's dry enough, thank you very much, so I really appreciate that after having used this cleanser, my skin feels softer than before I put on my makeup this morning.

Next, I apply the tea-coloured Rooibos & Shea Antioxidant Facial Toner, sprayed on a cotton ball. The refreshing, revitalizing blend of rooibos tea, shea leaf extracts, witch-hazel and African wild honey prepped my fave like a canvas. See, it's formulated to "naturally balance your skin's pH and help maximize hydration," and because there's no drying alcohol, your skin simply looks clean and luminescent. 

My favourite part has got to be putting on Alaffia's Rooibos & Shea Butter Antioxidant Face Cream. I think it's because it feels so good to smooth on (the texture is soft and silky) and you can feel your skin immediately hydrate and soften upon application. Really, it works that quickly. It's their amazing products that you see throughout the line - unrefined shea butter, virgin coconut oil, rooibos tea and African wild honey. My skin became so supple and toned after using this just after a few days. And after just one day of use, my fella came home and said, "Your skin looks really good."

That really says it all, doesn't it?

You should shop Alaffia for many reasons:

- their products work
- they are incredibly affordable
- purchasing their products goes to help women in West Africa
- the fragrance of the ingredients is intoxicating - kind of like Chinese 5 spice powder

So shop Alaffia now and make a difference - to your skin and to those in need.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.