No offence, but chances are your sunscreen isn't cutting it.
I'm guessing if you have some at all, it's either: pretty old (if you had to scrounge around for it, you can't remember when you bought it, or it's covered in dust, toss it) or not up to snuff.
The SPF on it is no doubt pretty low. Have you seen the weather lately? It's insane. Just being out for five minutes in the sun you can feel like you're getting burned. You're going to need stronger protection now. Something in the 30-50 range.
But brilliant Solar D Suncreen, out of Australia, figured out that while you need to protect your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays, it's important to let some of the UVB light in, as your body uses it to naturally product vitamin D. (p.s. 1. no one does sun protection better than Australians, 2. This is just one of the many reasons why I absolutely love the country and its people. 3. Is there a way to become an honorary Aussie?)
Vitamin D is so important for a multitude of reasons: it helps us maintain healthy teeth and bones and regulate our phosphorus and calcium absorption. Vitamin D also boosts weight loss and helps fight depression. It can even help protect you agains serious diseases such as multiple sclerosis and cancer.
So armed with this knowledge now, doesn't it seem crazy that this isn't common practice in making sunscreen?
This is why Solar D is the way to go for sun protection.
Not only for its immense health benefits, but the formulas are out-of-this-world. Here's why:
1. The thick cream goes on super smooth and absorbs immediately without a smidge of oily slickness. OMG, you can't even tell you've got it on. Even the Active Formula. Uh Solar D, can you please make regular face and body creams? Our day would be seriously made.
2. It's the most moisturizing sunscreen I've ever tried so you won't experience that parched feeling.
3. This is only anti-aging sunscreen I've ever heard of. I need all the help I can get, so thank you.
4. Go ahead and put it on sensitive skin. You'll be just fine.
5.It doesn't reek of fake coconuts, but instead is infused with the aroma of the ocean. Clean yet still fragrant (though no actual fragrances have been used), I want to smell like this ALL THE TIME.
6. It comes in a wide range of products for the whole family: Active SPF30 in cream and spray, Daily Use for Face and Body in SPF30 and 50 cream and spray, and one especially for the kiddies in SPF30 and 50 cream.
7. Water-resistant for up to two hours means more time in the pool/ocean/lake/hot tub for you. Clink go the glasses.
8. The nasty stuff - parabens, oil, oxybenzone, nanoparticles, gluten and animal crueltry - have all been left out.
And get this - you don't have to travel all the way down under to get this glorious skin and health saviour. I am thrilled to announce the launch of Solar D in North America, making it accessible for both US and Canadian consumers. It is also available internationally.
Solar D, you rock my world. And my skin.