Neutrogena Slays - Buh-Bye Dark Circles, Waterproof Makeup & Dry Skin


I have to give  a big ups to Neutrogena. It's because of them that I haven't looked like a hot mess for the last month.

I haven't used Neutrogena products since my teen years where I was addicted to their Rainbath Body Wash (I have searched for it in vain over the years in Canada, to no avail. Why is it always the products you can't live without?). 

I was reintroduced to the brand during the just-ended TIFF film festival, but in the whirlwind of the celebrity comings-and-goings and imposing deadlines, I completely forgot about it (when Drake, Chef Daniel Boulud, Christopher Plummer, Martin Short, Diana Ross and The Prince of Monaco are all in the same building, it's dizzying to say the least).

But just a day into the fest, I looked in the mirror and apparently all the excitement had aged me five years. The late nights and early mornings had already taken their toll - I've never had bigger bags or dark circles under my eyes and dull skin in such a short amount of time. I needed a full on glam squad to repair the damage, but with back-to-back interviews and events, there wasn't enough time to enlist anyone's help. I was on my own.

Or so I thought.

Rifling through my bag, I remembered Neutrogena had a new under eye cream that not only worked right away, but overtime. I was skeptical, but I thought it was worth a shot.

Neutogena Rapid Dark Circle Repair Eye Cream is simply a miracle product. It not only took out the bags that suddenly appeared under my eyes like a sniper, it also obliterated my dark circles. It worked not just the same day, but after a week, I noticed a big improvement. Using Accelerated Brightening Complex, light reflecting minerals brighten your eyes and reduce the darkness that looms underneath. A great bonus is that you can use it on its own or under makeup. No one ever has to know that you're sleep-deprived.


Before falling into bed, I was able to remove all traces of makeup (including that stubborn, stay-put mascara) with just a couple of quick wipes. I didn't find them all that soft and the scent (hints of golden delicious apple, perhaps?) was a little distracting at first, but man did they make getting ready for bed quickly a snap. I also appreciate that my skin felt refreshed and not the least bit dried out afterwards (perhaps because no harsh chemical sulfates, parabens, dyes are used at all). If you don't like to wash your face before bed, these will 

When you're tired, you skin seems to dry and crack like cement in a second. One of the best ways to combat that is Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream. It feels like you've dunked your face in a cool swimming pool and it keeps it looking insanely supple all day. A friend took a picture of us after I'd been using it for only a week - my face looks dewy and fresh like a 19year-old's. Trust me, I am nowhere near 19.

Moisture gets absorbed quickly and  locked in all day long thanks to hydrating hyaluronic acid. The cooling gel goes to work like a heavy duty cream without adding any heft to your skin. It feels so good, you'll have a tough time using anything else.

Neutrogena fixed all of my beauty problems this month. Can you say that about your current skincare line?

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.