Kelly & Jones - Perfume By the Glass. Kind Of.9:57 am
I have come across a lot of interesting inspirations for perfume - food, travel and colours, to name just a few - but this is the first time I've ever seen wine as the concept. For someone who loves her wine, it seems like the perfect fit. And a great and unusual gift for the foodies in your life.
It all started when Kelly was sippin' on some Chardonnay and the vanilla perfume she was wearing floated around her, creating quite a fascinating sensation. She went home with red and white wine bottles in hand and created "perfumes that captured the notes of each of the varietals. Fragrances that enhanced all the nuances in the glass, and that when combined with a sip of wine, enlightened all the senses." Perfumes that are meant to be enjoyed while sipping on wine? What fun and a little glimpse of heaven.
Here is a rundown on the different varietals:
- # 1 Notes of Sauvignon Blanc - A slightly sweet and summery scent that just verges on sparkling, the finish is extremely clean. Yuzu grapefruit, starfruit, green apple and camellia flower coalesce to create a refreshing, crisp fragrance that is as delightful as it is intriguing.
- # 2 Notes of Riesling - You can practically feel the warm breeze and deck beneath your feet with this one. White peach, anjou pear, bergamot and raspberry leaf formulate a lovely warm scent that oozes nectarous juiciness.
- # 3 Notes of Cabernet - Spicy notes of pink peppercorn, ripe black cherry, tobacco flower and vintage leather delivers all the depth and heartiness of the wine without the calories or residual headache. Despite its richness, it remains light enough to be your everyday scent.
- # 4 Notes of Merlot - Perhaps one of the gentlest bouquets of the bunch, this fusion of red currant, mission fig, rhubarb and candied violet goes with everything from swanky affairs replete with cocktail dresses to nights at home in front of the television. In other words, it's perfection in a bottle.
- # 5 Notes of Chardonnay - How Kelly has created such a sweet scent without it being cloying is remarkable. Sweet honeydew melon, vanilla blossom, crème brulee and toasted oak mingle together, producing a warm and sexy concoction that is as intoxicating as the wine itself.
Shop the entire collection and have a glass or two of wine without any of the guilt or weight gain.