Mealtime Is a Breeze Thanks to The Sweet Potato Lover's Cookbook

I absolutely adore sweet potatoes, but truthfully, despite being a pretty sturdy at-home cook and wanting to have my own restaurant kitchen (something a little Southern, a little French), I am still at a loss on how to really show my sweet potatoes their due.

See, I eat them at least once a week - they're so delicious and nutritious - but I usually end up steaming or baking them and then serving them as a side to protein and other veg. So boring.

So I went in search of ideas and inspiration and found it all in The Sweet Potato Lover's Cookbook: More Than 100 Ways to Enjoy One of the World's Healthiest Foods by Lyniece North Talmadge. I mean, who knew you could make drinks with sweet potatoes? I'm going to be whipping up a batch of Southern Punch this holiday season, let me tell you.

Sweet potato soup is easy enough, but can get staid. Not when you've got this lovely guide in hand - Andouille Sausage & Sweet Potato Soup, Butter Pecan Soup, Fennel & Sweet Potato Soup. Isn't that a little more exciting than your usual concoction? I haven't ventured too often into the sweet potato salad area too often, but I will now that I've got the instructions to make Waldorf Sweet Potato Salad, a great twist on a classic. And to serve with that? How about a little Sweet Potato Corn Bread? Mmm.

If you're stuck for dinner meals, how about:

- Baked Pineapple, Sausage & Sweet Potatoes
- Carrot & Sweet Potato Tzimmes
- New England Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Bacon Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

As you can imagine, Coffee Cake Surprise utilizes our favourite orange tuber, and this s.p. bible includes many other enticing desserts including Sweet Potato Pound Cake, Tea Party Madeleines and Christmas Pudding

There are even Friendship Recipes and recipes from around the world to keep your love of sweet potatoes going strong.

Get The Sweet Potato Lover's Cookbook now and never tire of this amazing vegetable.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.