Bizou – Rockin’, Affordable Accessories



Every new seasons brings with it trends that show up months before on the runways of Milan and trickle down to our urban centers, where suddenly pant lengths have changed, shoulders have widened or narrowed and themes suddenly become apparent not only in clothes, but in décor, graphic design and in the collective zeitgeist.

Personally, I don’t have the money to run out every season to buy a whole new wardrobe, so instead, I rely on trendy accessories to update my current wares. And it works every time – suddenly my black dress that I’ve been wearing to everything  (weddings, funerals, product launches, celebrity interviews, restaurant reviews) looks tres chic thanks to an updated scarf or statement necklace.  My same 5 outfits that I’ll be wearing this fall (that I wore last fall and the fall before that) will be renewed thanks to a few carefully selected au courant earrings and rings.

And my secret? I get ‘em all at Bizou, one of my all-time, lifelong favourite places to shop.

I just discovered this amazing Canadian chain last year and I just love it. We now have a Toronto location, and the brand is expanding to hopefully serve you in your area. But don’t worry, you don’t have to live near one to enjoy their wares – you can shop online for the upcoming seasons, all in the comfort of your own home.

I love Bizou for so many reasons:

- They have a little something for everyone, so if you’re all boho chic while you’re best friend is more Coco Chanel and your other friend is somewhere in the middle, you’ll all find stuff that’ll make you squeal with delight. And you’ll still have enough money leftover to go for drinks or dinner after. Amazing.

- I have bought inexpensive accessories from big fashion stores before and they never last because they’re made so cheaply. Everything I’ve ever got from Bizou has long outlasted any of the other stores stuff – the finishes don’t wear, the colours don’t fade… I’m not saying it’ll last a lifetime, but your treasured picks won’t disintegrate like the stuff from those big box places.

- I got a gold Boyfriend Style Watch from Bizou last year (pictured above) and despite having a selection of very cool, colourful watches, I tend to favour this one over everything else (read: I wear it pretty much every day) . I get compliments on it all the time, even people that I’m just passing on the street. That says a lot about their design and the materials you use, because I’m telling you – people have lusted after it just as much as I do.

So let me share with you some of my favourite finds from the latest Bizou collection. They are superb, as always (I am trying to be patient and wait to wear them come September, but I’ve taken a few out for a spin already because I love them so much):

- Because you always need an extra bag, I’m loving my sweet little polka dot print tote. It folds up into a little bag itself, so you’ve always got a place to stash your dinner ingredients, books and magazines or thrift store finds (those are my 3 usual suspects – what are yours?). It’s sturdy enough that you can load it up, but light enough that you can stash it at the bottom of your bag without having to lug around an extra 5 pounds with you.

- I loooove my Bizou gold watch, but wanted something with a bit of a bang. I tend to dress head-to-toe in black and grey much of the season, so I wanted to add a pop of colour that would get noticed without resorting to coloured tights (no need to call attention to my thighs, thankyouverymuch). With this gorgeous Flash Rubber Watch in Green, I expect I’ll get similar results – and it will go a long way to pepping up my usual drab outfits without me having to spend a lot of money, time or effort on accessories or accessorizing.

- Dangly earrings aren’t really for me because I feel like with my glasses, it’s too much going on, so I am always on the lookout for stunning stud earrings that’ll get noticed. But you’d be surprised how hard they are to find. Of course, never at Bizou. I got the ultra stylish Black Cameo Earrings for work meetings and day-to-day affairs  and these gorgeous How to Marry a Millionaire-style dazzling diamond-esque Flower Stud Earrings for my evenings out and about and black-tie functions (no one will ever guess they were only $12.90). Now I’m ready for anything that comes my way…

- I always wear one right on my left hand and one on my right when I’m out, so finding statement rings that work both for day and night are important, as well as donning something unique. I found both at Bizou. I also got a multi-coloured 5-ring set, that's very Mad Men and art deco, yet somehow contemporary as well, so it goes with everything. And the little sprigs of corals and taupes give my ebony outfits much needed pizazz without being too daring for more conservative events. When I want a dash of extra cool, I put on this awesome Deer Head Ring (also pictured above). It is one of those accessories that will always cause people to rush over and gasp, “Where did you get that?

I am always happy to tell people that I got my lust-worthy accessories at Bizou. The more, the merrier, I think. And hey, if I can help you look good and save you money, I will. Who says you have to spend a fortune to look fabulous?

So go ahead and get yourself some of the best accessories you’ll ever find. Seasons later, you still won’t be tired of them. And really, when’s the last time that happened?


p.s. I adore you Bizou. I really and truly do.

p.p.s. I took my Mom to the Toronto location yesterday to show her the Bizou awesomeness and was thrilled to find 2 more watches (among some shoes, bags and necklaces and well, the whole store really....) that I'm now lusting after:

- They've got the Boyfriend Watch in Rose Gold. It's freakin' gorgeous. And there's a griege watch that's all strappy similar to this Double Wrap Bracelet that is uber sexy.

p.p.p.p.p.s. Sigh. xoxoxoxo Bizou.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.