From Gratitude to Bliss Journal Will Change Your Life


I've tried to practice gratitude every day for the last decade or two, but recently I've felt like I needed a push, a little extra support and some sort of routine to ensure that I take time, take notice each and every day. After all, you know how easy it is to let things slip through the cracks when you're busy and tired. And to have to do one more thing before bed can sometimes seem like just too much to do, to handle. So when I came across Lorraine Miller's From Gratitude to Bliss: A Journey in Health & Happiness, I knew it was the perfect tool to keep me on track and mindful of how truly lucky I am.

Lorraine writes that after recording 3-5 things that you're grateful for, for only 21 days, you'll be noticeably happier and healthier. "Vitamin G" as she calls it:

- increases your ability to handle stress
- improves your personal relationships
- gives you better clarity and focus on what you want
- gives you better balance - physically and emotional

An hour before I received my gratitude journal in the mail, I learned that a former love died tragically. I am overcome with overwhelming grief and sadness, but immense gratitude to have known him. His death has brought to light that life is short and precarious and I am beyond grateful to have this short time to make my mark on the world and to have spent some of that time with him.

I am just at the beginning of this journal journey/experiment, but after just a few days of recording my thoughts, already I feel a great sense of peace and thankfulness. To me, that says everything. And I will check back in after 21 days (on May 16) and share with you how I feel then.

In the introduction, Lorraine writes, "You did not get here by accident. Something led you here and now it's up to you to embrace it." This journal couldn't have come at a better time.

In the meantime, here is my most recent entry:

1. Getting to do what I love for a living
2. My wonderful knack readers
3. A stimulating, creative life that is rewarding and filled with tremendous moments - even when they're heartbreaking
4. To have had the opportunity to know and love MP
5. To be reminded that life is short

Buy From Gratitude to Bliss now and change your life for the better. And the lives of others - this journal was printed by Print for Change, a company on a mission to feed starving children.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.