Change of Season? Change Your Music with The State of Things & Rumba, Mambo & Cha Cha Cha!


It's staying lighter for longer outside and though it's not quite balmy yet, you can finally open the windows and put on a lighter coat.

We go through a lot of changes come spring, but I bet you haven't considered changing your music, though.

I find that I need different soundtracks for each season and so this season, I'm all about dancing and celebrating. And while music is subjective, I thought I'd share a few of my recent discoveries:

**The State of Things**

I love rock and am so happy to have found The State of Things. They embody the music I loved in the 80s and 90s with a modern edge that is firmly cemented in the present.  Their self-titled EP includes 4 tracks are raucous, but never raunchy; driving but never battering. This is an all out dance album, but there's no vocoders here. It's pure rock, through and through.


If you want something that will instantly lift your mood, put on Rumba, Mambo, Cha Cha Cha. I dare you not to roll your hips to this one.  Soft drums, horns and addictive beats will get inside you and help take away your cares. This album is a lot like being on vacation - only one or two tunes in, you'll be craving a frothy drink, complete with fruit decoration and the ability to think about work will disappear.  Upbeat and cheery, this is one album that you're going to have on replay for a long time to come.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.