The Essential Fall Companion: The Just Released Perfect One-Dish Dinners!



There is a definite chill in the air.

Most evenings, I wrap myself in a thick cableknit sweater and make a hot cuppa and sit down to plan out what kind of comforting dinner I can create.

I am thrilled to have discovered the BRAND NEW, JUST RELEASED Perfect One-Dish Dinners: All You Need for Easy Get-Togethers by Pam Anderson.

As much as I love to spend all night creating a memorable meal, I don't always have the time to spare. That doesn't mean I don't still want a meal to remember.

That's the joy of one-dish cooking, I think.  It's that melding of flavours that makes for such a comforting meal.  

Author Pam Anderson has done a superb job of giving a wide range of options with a huge section on stews, plenty of casseroles to get excited about, roasting pan beauties and big summer salads and grilled platters.

Sometimes with stews and casseroles, by the middle of the season, it can start to feel like you're eating similar things over and over. Not with Ms. Anderson at the helm! I absolutely love the host of flavours she offers from Spicy Coconut Shrimp Stew to Shortcut Choucroute.

She was also thoughtful enough to create the whole dinner's menu and include recipes for each dish. So you not only get the wonderful Roast Chorizo-Stuffed Adobo Pork Loin, but also an appetizer (Make-Ahead Jack Quesadillas with Salsa Verde), salad (Greens with Apples, Dried Cherries, and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds) and dessert (Silky Chocolate Flan).

I think the design of the book is great too: Recipes are easy to read and on just one or two pages, never cutting off in the middle like many cookbooks. And each dish has storage and reheating instructions, which is nice of Pam - she believes we'll actually have leftovers. Aww!

Also, there are a ton of great photos and each dish has its own ocher-coloured title page, so you can easily flip through to the main dishes from wherever you are in the book.

I've got to think about what I'm going to make tomorrow...

Ooh, Osso Bucco with Dirty Polenta it is.

Thank you, Pam Anderson. You have made making dinner a whole lot easier.

And so much fun!

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.