Action Day Notebooks and Planners Get the Job(s) Done!

I am of the belief that in order to accomplish things, you need to have systems in place that work for you.

The Action Day line of Notebooks and Planners are one of the best systems that you can have.

These wonderfully sturdy black hardcovered books will stand up to whatever test you put it through! Acid-free paper keeps your ink from bleeding through, the cover keeps all your notes protected and 160 pages means that you can actually write everything down that it is in your head and needs your attention without worrying about running out of room.

Each notebook and planner in the Action Day system has a specific purpose, so that it keeps you focused on that specific job or task. I think that this, along with their system of having specific places for you to list things (like fill-in-the-blanks), makes these notebooks and planners some of the best and well-thought products I've come across.

Take the Meeting Notebook, for example. On the left you have the page divided into 2 sections: Questions-Key Words-Ideas on the top and Conclusions-Actions on the bottom. On the right hand side, you have a blank page with a place to put the topic and date. This is where the brilliance of Action Day comes in - because you have labeled, laid-out areas in which to sort out your notes, you automatically can not only find what you need later, but you have organized yourself into actionable tasks while simply taking notes. Most of us have to take the time later to do that, and let's face it, it's not at all enjoyable having to go through it all again. This system completely erases any need to do all of that work again! Amazing, right?

At first glance, you might not think much of the Idea Notebook, but take another look, because you're going to love it! The topic line and numbered pages make going back for something so easy, but what makes this product revolutionary is the Table of Contents. Now finding anything you've written down is completely and easily retrievable. Your ideas are not just pie-in-the-sky notions anymore. These puppies are ready to soar, thanks to this little beauty!

Want to get a better handle on yourself and your habits? The Knowledge Notebook will helps. With a knowledge page on the right for you to take down your ideas and thoughts, you can think freely, but it's on the left where the magic takes place! There is a separate section for each of these: Start Doing, Stop Doing and Continue Doing. So now you can really assess where you need to improve, what you need to build on and what you are doing right. I've never seen something like this in paper form that isn't part of some journaling exercise. It's a brilliant way of getting a hold of not only what you're doing, but how you're doing it and what else you should be doing. Sigh. Brilliant.

If you're stuck on something, get the Problem Solving Notebook. This fantastic layout allows you to identify the problems, brainstorm solutions and then take action. I love that you just kind of have to fill in the blanks for this, so that your problems become clear instantly, whereas up until now, they have just been this gray cloud over you that you haven't been able to get a hold of. This is powerful stuff, folks!

My planner, as is yours I'm sure, is my life. It is where I list what I have to do and when to do it for. I juggle a ton of different areas in my life - daughter, fiancee, friend, neighbour, cook, writer, etc. - so I not only need a lot of room, I need it organized. That is why I absolutely love the Action Day Planners.

There are 2 sizes to choose from - 6 x 8 spiral bound and 8 x 11 bound - because Action Day knows you are either going to want it to be portable and go everywhere you go, or you'll want it to stay on your desk, where the action happens.

Each one had 5 sections - a diary section, a place to list your tasks to execute, goals and projects, projects delegated (I've never seen this in a planner before! FANFREAKINTASTIC!), and 35 pages for note taking.

One thing you've gotta know about these planners is that even if you previously favoured a day-per-page or a-day-per-2-pages, this system will win you over.

It won me over!

Action Day - simply fantastic tools to not only get you organized, but to get you ahead. What a feeeling!

gottheknack

2 comments:

Mark.Knox said...

I bought one of these planners yesterday after much deliberation, and now that I've read through it, I wish I didn't have to wait for January to start using it. I like the heavy paper, which looks nice and takes ink well (I use a fountain pen for most work) and the layout is perfect. Thanks for the recommendation on the meeting planner too. I am ordering one from Covey right now.

Staying Organized said...

When I purchased this product...all I could say is WOW!!! My sentiments are the same as one consumer said, " I wish I didn't have to wait until January"!

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.