Mrs. Renfro’s Mango Habanero Salsa and Wholly Guacamole Get the Party Started!

There are few things other than wine and dips that are as essential to a party’s success as the chips, salsa and guacamole.

I usually make my own, but I don’t always have the time, so I went in search of a salsa and guacamole that I could count on.

For salsa, I chose Mrs. Renfro’s Mango Habanero Salsa, which has a lovely fruity bite and slight kick and is a welcome change from the usual supermarket offerings.

It also has fresh, whole ingredients that you can actually pronounce, which I am grateful for:

tomatoes, water, mango puree, mango, onions, green chile peppers, brown sugar, pineapple juice, jalapeno peppers, distilled vinegar, corn starch, salt, garlic, spices, habanero peppers, cilantro.

I also used the leftover salsa on some tilapia and some roast chicken and I think it would be a great accompaniment with pork. With the next jar, I’ll use it with beef and lamb. Mmm. Lamb burger with Mango Habanero Salsa? Oh my!

And for guacamole, I went to the experts – Wholly Guacamole.

Again, only fresh, pure ingredients:

Hass Avocados, jalapeño puree (white vinegar, jalapeño peppers) dehydrated onion, salt, granulated garlic.

Their guacamoles are packed in a plastic pouch, so as soon as you need it, you just open the pack and put it in a bowl!

I dare you not to lick your fingers afterwards.

I tried Classic and Spicy and while I loved the Classic, the intensity of heat in the Spicy won me over. But go slowly - the heat builds as you eat!

I like being able to have fresh guacamole on hand for not only chips, but sandwiches, salads and omelettes. You can also freeze the packets, which is a great idea for impromptu get-togethers and parties.

It is also gluten-free so my friend Camille can have some when she comes over! Woo hoo!

I think today is a perfect day to make nachos and have my girls over. Now that I have a go-to guacamole and salsa, it couldn’t be easier!

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.