If You're Going to Write, Use a Turtle Pen


I am one of the few writers left that uses paper and pen.

While I can be found working away on my computer for a good 10-12 hours a day writing to deadline, I still use a notepad to take notes while interviewing a chef or celebrity, make lists upon lists (upon lists  - you should see them all) of all the things I need to do and pick up/drop off as well as I keep a paper calendar and agenda that tracks all of my appointments and deadlines. Oh, and I also write old-school thank you notes and send cards through the mail, so you can imagine that I'm always in need of a great pen.

Turtle Pens are unique in that they not only have a great weight to them, not to mention a fantastic stainless steel body, but each pen features SNAPback mechanism and extendible nib casing or "Turtle Head" as the company calls it.

To "activate" the pen, or bring the pen point out of its shell, you pull the top of the pen back, like you're reloading a shotgun (I've never done this, but I've seen it on TV). It's kind of a cool factor, as is the hearty stainless steel case it comes in. But really, it's a heckuva lot of fun to use.

Turtle Pens come in a variety of colours (I got Black) and are refillable. I love the smoothness of the ink and the point of the pen - not too wide and not too thin. If you write at all, even if its just grocery lists, you'll know what I mean.

If you still use pen and paper like I do, get yourself a pen that looks and feels good like a Turtle Pen.

p.s. It makes an awesome gift too.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.