Make a Special Dinner Tonight with Passage Foods Moroccan Spiced Lemon Tagine Simmer Sauce


Look, as much as I love to cook, I can't spend hours at the stove when there's so much work to be done. I don't have time to make everything from scratch or let meat marinate for hours.  To be honest, I'm lucky that I get out the door with both my boots on...

So I am always looking for ways to make a quick, healthy and tasty meal.

Not so long ago, I wrote about Passage Foods Thai Selections, which I have come to count on for getting dinner on the table in a jiff, without sacrificing taste or health.  Now I'm pleased to announce their new Passage to Morocco line. Choose from Moroccan Spiced Honey Tagine, Harissa Tomato & Bell Pepper Beef and Spiced Lemon Tagine Simmer Sauces.

I tried the Spiced Lemon Tagine Simmer Sauce and was thrilled by the simple, natural ingredients: Water, Citrus Peel, Lemon Juice, Garlic, Spices, Brown Sugar, Corn Starch, Sea Salt, Distilled Vinegar, Citrus Fibre and Vegetable Gum (Xanthan). Also, it's only 30 calories for 1/4 cup! Take a look at the list of ingredients in your grocery store's prepared sauces - you'll be shocked at how much fat, salt and items you can't pronounce you find.

So much flavour comes through in the sauce that whatever you pair it with won't fall flat, which I find happens with many off-the-shelf sauces.  And you don't have to spend hours marinating, which I usually don't mind, but with my frenzied, all-over-the-place schedule, I often don't plan dinner that far ahead anymore. And you only need to simmer for 15-20 minutes, so you've still got time to

And while the sauce is thick, it's not heavy, which means you'll have a delightful meal and not feel weighed down for the rest of the evening.

Just think - you can have a sumptuous Moroccan meal without having to do much work at all.

Now that's what I'm talking 'bout!

Shop the entire Passage Foods Collection now.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.