It's Almost Christmas! But Don't Panic - It's the Somewhat Early Gift Guide By The Knack!

Happy Monday! I hope that this post finds you well and that you had a great Halloween weekend.

Friday night, I saw a lot of really amazing costumes and some fun packs of tweens trick or treating, carting around pillow cases full of goodies.

So Saturday morning comes, and I'm walking along and all I see are shop windows jam-packed with Christmas trees and ornaments and gift possibilities. The glittering metallic mass was a shock to my system - were people working overnight to get the windows ready with Christmas wares?

And was it really appropriate to be foisting holiday pressure the DAY AFTER Halloween?!

Well, there was only now 54 days - or less than 8 weeks - until Christmas, I thought. I guess that's pretty reasonable.

So with that thought in mind, I have put together an ongoing gift guide that will run today and every week until Christmas so that you will have a little help in getting people what they really want.

I know it seems stupidly early to be doing this, but trust me - it's really not.

Warmest wishes,

Stephanie

Stephanie Dickison
Publisher & Editor - the knack

Snow & Graham

One of my favourite places for stationery, greeting cards, wraps and more is Snow & Graham.

I wrote about them last year at this time, because really - they do the holidays up just right! They have everything you need in one easy place and just think - you can get your cards, wrap, calendars, etc. all at once! Won't that feel good to get all that stuff done and out of the way?

Click on Holiday to see some of the amazing items that Snow & Graham has created for this holiday season!

I am loving the 2009 Mini Desk Calendar. It is small enough to sit atop my tiny rolltop desk or in the kitchen where we had to choose between a coffeemaker and a toaster because we didn't have enough room for both (coffee won). It has beautiful sweet graphics that will go with any decor and will be the perfect little gift for friends and neighbours - just don't forget to get one for yourself!

For keeping all of my lists straight, I'm tucking into the gorgeous 64 lined page notebooks that are so sweet and feminine! I got one with red poppies and the other with ---- trees. Just beautiful!

And for notes on the go, I'm using the NoteBlock, notes that stick. I got one last year and used every last piece of paper with fevour. I am thrilled that there are now Holiday versions available! You won't believe that you got along without 'em! I got Winter Berry with red blossoms all around the sides. How pretty and festive is that?!

Every year, I search for pretty gift tags and Snow & Graham's Holiday Letterpress Tony Cards are perfect - and there are so many to choose from! I love the Peace Dove one and the one with all the wrapped Presents lined up in a row. I can't wait to use these!

From their greeting card collection, I am coveting the Letterpress Holiday Greetings:

Happy New Year Bling, White Pine Happy Holidays, A Season's Greeting Pine Cones, Warm Wishes with assorted Mittens and another one with cups of cocoa.

And the Birdtree Season's Greetings from the Flatpress Collection that are made from 100% recycled paper!

And you've got to try their gorgeous wrapping papers! They are pretty and thick and well, you might just want to keep a sheet for yourself and frame it. Really, they are simply exquisite! This season, I'll be wrapping my gifts in Birch, Cocoa Cups and Wintertweets.

It's a nice feeling to know that the cards and wrap that you use are as beautiful as the gifts that you are giving.
Snow & Graham rocks my world every single year. Come and see all of the fantastic stuff they have and make this your most beautiful holiday ever!

Yves Rocher Iris Noir

Giving perfume and matching lotion and gel is a luxurious gift. It allows someone to envelop and layer themselves in a sensuous scent and feel good, feel taken care of.

So this season, give someone the gift of Yves Rocher Iris Noir.

There's the beautifully bottled and boxed Eau de Parfum, which according to the website is "A fascinating scent, full of contrasts and mystery. Poised between light and shadow, strength and sensitivity."

The parfum is quite a bit stronger than the perfumed shower gel or body lotion. In fact, it has a Asian spicyness that may be due to the coriander or the orris butter and ambrette seed. It is exotic for sure and completely captivating!

What makes it utterly suprising though, is the fruitiness that wafts and sways from it, making it seem like a Southern evening, full of intrigue and gossip. Maybe that's the bergamot.

Whatever it is, you'll be hard-pressed to find another scent like it. And maybe that's its greatest triumph. That it stands out from the crowd and draws you in, like a friend with a secret that only you get to hear.

I absolutely adore the softness and subtlety of the Iris Noir Perfumed Body Lotion. It is light, with just a hint of the spicyness mentioned above. It immediately made my skin smooth and soft and feeling very pampered, as does the accompanying Shower Gel.

There's something special about Yves Rocher Iris Noir. You'll see!

Rubber Duck Snowjoggers

It's going to be a mighty cold and messy winter, I imagine. Lots of snow, slush, ice, hail - you name it. And that means that although those spiked heeled, suede knee-high boots are absolutely beautiful, they aren't going to do you a lick of good!

That's why you're going to want to get a pair of the coolest, yet practical boots around - Rubber Duck Snowjoggers or SportySnowjoggers!

I got a pair in Shiny White, which I think are mighty sexy and will keep my tootsies incredibly warm and competely dry.

The SnowJogger is a way actually walk without soaking feet and be comfortable without giving up great looks!

I highly recommend getting a pair for you and a friend - it's going to be a long winter, so you might as well enjoy it while looking good!

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.