Sugarfina x Casamigos Collection - One, Two, Three, Tequila... Candy!


Ooh how I love tequila.

Casamigos, to be exact.


The award-winning tequila, founded by George Clooney, Rande Gerber and Mike Meldman (they recently sold it), is made from the finest, hand-selected 100% Blue Weber agaves grown in Jalisco, Mexico.

The reason these handsome fellas git into the tequila game?

According to George and Rande Gerber, "We love tequila - on the rocks, by the shot, and at times, straight from the bottle. Tequila-filled nights with friends is how Casamigos was born. Our idea was to make the best-tasting, smoothest tequila in the world. So we did."

Big time. Three, in fact: Blanco (aged for 2 mths), Reposado (aged for 7 mths), and Añejo (aged for 14 mths). Phenomenal on their own (I'm with the guys that some occasions call for straight from the bottle) or mixed for Margaritas, Palomas and even Old Fashioneds (once you've tried it with tequila, you may never be the same again).

So while I would normally scoff at confectionary (I so don't have a sweet tooth), I perked up at the announcement of Sugarfina's new collection of tequila-infused candies, made with Casamigos Tequila.

I know, right? Now these are candies I can totally get behind.

Sugarfina is a luxury candy company known for cocktail-inspired confections such as premium Champagne (featuring Champagne Bears made from Dom Pérignon Vintage Champagne!), Rosé All Day (genius) and a whole section dedicated to 24K Gold (Imma need a minute). Had I known boozy, luxe sweets like this existed in the world, I'd be a convert already.

So natch these two SoCal company's were an ideal fit from the get-go.

Containing a liquid center of real honest to goodness Casamigos Tequila, these sweet treats are adults only.

The Sugarfina x Casamigos Collection features three new candies: Shake Your Margarita, Paloma Por Favor, and Give It a Shot, and come in their signature Candy Cubes. These small acrylic boxes with lid can be refilled later with more candy (way better than a cookie jar) or  used to store/display a variety of items - office supplies, jewelry, hair accessories, makeup, ideal bathroom cabinet organizers, spices, loose tea, and basically anything and everything you can think of.

Flavours are sold separately, as well as part of the You Had Me at Tequila Candy Bento Box, which features all three candies in a specially-designed gift box. Birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions just got a whole lot sweeter.

So put away your flask and shot glass. You can get your tequila fix with just a handful of these beauts.

Take a look:


I'm a brown liquor cocktail lover - pour me an Old Fashioned, Manhattan, Whisky Sour any day - but I will mop up a thousand margaritas in just a few short hours (mmm, not much of an exaggeration). While deeply satisfying my salt tooth, it's their sour tartness that soothes my soul.

Regular gummies tend to veer on the sweet side, but these echo a refreshing Casamigos Blanco Margarita, with just a smidge of lime and sweet agave. All wrapped up in a soft, silky, juicy gummy (Sugarfina's version - booze or no booze - are elevated so beyond "regular" gummies, they shouldn't have to share the same name. Completely their own category), no one will be the wiser that you're boozing it up way before cocktail hour begins.

This right here, is next level day drinking. And so much more convenient.


One of my favourite late night snacks is a whole grapefruit, peeled, and sectioned (I know, I know. I should be mowing down on something more sinful and exciting, but I'm telling you, this is it - or popcorn). So obvs I gravitate to cocktails featuring the naturally sweet and tart juice (Greyhound anyone?).

It's rare that companies trying to replicate the flavours get the inherent pink sweetness and achingly tart factors right, but these sour chews are the closest thing to a grapefruit outside of the fruit or juice.

That alone is glorious, but here comes the dreamy Casamigos Reposado centre with whispers of soft oakiness, followed by notes of caramel and cocoa that stops you in your tracks. A delicate covering of superfine sweet and tart sugar crystals delivers a sugar rim finish to a tee.

I said I wasn't a candy girl, but so far I've downed two acrylic boxes worth.


Dark chocolate AND Casamigos Añejo Tequila, aged for 14 months in premium American white oak barrels, with just a bit of spice and oak, and a long, smooth finish that lingers?

Whoa. 

Not only are these bad boys filled with premium tequila, the thick dark chocolate shell isn't bitter in the least. In fact, it's pretty sweet.

My favourite part of this sugary treat is when the chocolate breaks open and the warm, velvety tequila oozes out across your tongue.

At the end of a long, hard day, tequila and chocolate may not fix your problems, but it's worth a shot.

----

I'm the last person I'd expect to be rhapsodizing about candy, but that's because I hadn't met Sugarfina x Casamigos Collection yet.


gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.