Latico Leathers - The Brooklyn is the Ultimate Crossbody Bag



There really is no better purse than the crossbody. But it wasn't until discovering Latico Leather's Brooklyn Bag from the dreamy Austin Collection that I came around to the cool stylings of such a bag.

I have always been a strict purse or tote girl as I favour dressier outfits for work than most of my friends and colleagues wear. But having seen the popularity of the crossbody with models and celebrities and casual, bohemian designs to quite polished with streamlined styles, I thought it was time to give it a try.

The crossbody girl is a confident one. She has places to go, people to see, and things to do. She is feminine but not fussy. Sexy yet not maintenance. I was particularly taken by this description of Kendall Jenner and her crossbody in a Glamour article on how you carry your purse and what it says about you:

"an urban warrior with a clear goal. The bag is incidental to her independent self-image, flung on for its functionality."

I am now a full-fledged fan.

Here's what made me fall for the Brooklyn Crossbody:

  • In carrying a purse, I usually find myself holding the strap for some reason. This way, I can walk, talk and shop completely hands-free. The freedom! 
  • It's the perfect midsize purse (8" x 1.5" x 10"), ideal for urban commuters like myself who carry more than a clutch will hold, but don't always want to heft around a bigger bag, especially on a busy day of meetings across town.
  • Brooklyn has more compartments than most of my straight-up purses, so I can actually organize all the contents with the built-in pockets, and still have lots of space (thanks to the roomy interior) for any incoming items. You get a big, deep front exterior zippered pocket (it's half the size of the entire satchel - wheee!)  and inside: the main compartment (which fits my criteria of being large enough to fit my long wallet and reporter's notebook) leather credit card slots (4) and pen holders (2),  and a big lined zippered pocket along the back.
  • The spectacular look and feel. Handling the 100% leather bag reveals its soft, supple texture. And no matter what your look or style, there's a colour to go with your carefully curated wardrobe. From cerulean blue to crackle white (pictured above), these purses aren't just mere item holders - they're standout fashion statements. 
  • Latico Leathers is known for always having a colourfully lined interior which makes having to get something out of your purse a sheer delight each and every time. The zippy black-and-cream graphic is a modern ikat. Swoon.
  • A crossbody is suitable for a variety of different looks. Thanks to the 1" wide adjustable, detachable strap with 20" min/21" max drop, I have worn it with everything from tank top and jeans to a gauzy black cocktail dress.
  • As fall is just weeks away (sorry but it's true) and winter is just around the corner, this bag will transition easily from season to season and will be one of the few bags that will fit over your wool sweaters, natty blazers and thick puffer coat. Many of my hobo and shoulder bags with their short handles won't see the light of day until next April.
Latico Leathers is one of the best destinations for pursesclutchescarryallsbackpacks  et al. Check out what I thought of the Nicoleta Tote last month. They also have an array of other rockin' crossbody bags.

Be sure to shop their other fabulous collections: CarnazaMimi in Memphis, Varick and For Men, and don't forget accessories and wallets as well.

Get yourself bags you can't wait to use every season and shop Latico Leathers now.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.