Amara Essentials - This Ain't No Ordinary Coconut Oil

No doubt your besties, colleagues, everyone has been touting the multitude uses for coconut oil. You can put it in your hair! Remove your makeup! You can even cook with it!

As always, I like to do my research before jumping on any trendy bandwagon. After testing it a variety of ways, it IS a pretty awesome multitasker. BUT, not all coconut oils are created and not all are amazing as Amara Essentials, made with love in Brooklyn, NYC.

Founder & CEO Ashley Spierer has created a standout line. The difference in her products versus other coconut oil items is that she uses virgin cold-pressed coconut oil. The process of cold-pressing allows the oil to retain  all of it's good stuff - nutrients, properties, etc. You get a higher performing coconut oil than what many companies use, and thus, a higher level product.

Amara Essentials products also surge with other high quality ingredients - the essential oils are top-notch. The formulations too, are stunning. Non-greasy, ultra nourishing and deeply satisfying, each product delivers a luxe experience without the staggering price tag attached. 

And then there's the packaging. Modern, stylish and uncluttered, you won't want to keep these stashed out of sight in a cabinet or drawer - these are meant to be displayed and savoured.

Here's a closer look at some of the lineup:


How blissful to get all of the benefits of coconut oil with the added bonus of essentials oils, delivering not just aromatherapy, but a soothing and rejuvenation of mind, body and soul.

The selection of scent is phenomenal. Choose from refreshing Eucalyptus, Lavender that tranquilizes, vibrant Lemongrass, and the ultra feminine, classic Rose. No matter what you choose, life is about to get a whole lot better.

I tried the Lavender, a dreamy concoction  made with 100% Virgin Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil, Lavender Essential Oil, and a drop of organic beeswax.

This instant stress reliever lulls you into an relaxed, collected state, while the power of coconut oil and beeswax fortify your skin and hair, giving them overhaul they so desperately need.

Naturally, it's become one of my all-time favourite products.


Slathering raw coconut oil out of a can or jar on your hair is skin is not for everyone. I tried it and it was so thick and greasy. It took me days to get it out of my hair and I didn't like the slippery feel on my skin.

That's why I am delighted to discover this light oil absorbs instantly. A fascinating combination of oils - virgin coconut, organic virgin apricot, bergamot, and cinnamon - goes on dry but is deeply hydrating. The intoxicating scent of chai tea is energizing ,and my face (use it as moisturizer or makeup remover), hair (hasta la vista frizz), and body (the softest skin ) get the ultimate VIP treatment. And a little goes a long way, so that bottle lasts and lasts.

Completely, utterly addictive.


I have had success with only a few natural deodorants and this is one of them.

It's the first spray one I've tried, so the cool spritz in my delicate underarm area was a bit of a shock at first, but is so much more refreshing than a stick that now I prefer this to my usual go-to.

Did you know that grain alcohol has antibacterial properties? It's paired here with tea tea oil, something I usually steer clear of. Despite all the health benefits (proven to help against acne, eczema, fungus, psoriasis, and even skin cancer), I find it too thick and oily and the medicinal scent overpowering. But this scent is much more refreshing, light and floral, perhaps thanks to lemongrass and geranium essential oils.

The recommendation is to spritz it on 2-3 times to cover the whole area. I've been doing one on each and it's working like a dream.

I am thrilled to discover not only a healthy option to my chemically-laden drugstore deodorant, but one that is truly effective.

Summer, here I come!

---

Amara Essentials changed my whole thinking about coconut oil - it doesn't have to be gloopy and greasy, and it can be sophisticated when made by the right hands. The deodorant too.

Which is one of the many reasons why it is one of the best skincare lines out there. So shop Amara Essentials now.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.