PHYTOKÉRATINE Extrême - Repair Your Hair with the Power of Botanicals


My hair had had it.

It was up to here with all of my bleaching, blow-drying, straightening, and frankly overwashing the hell out if . It finally told me, "Look, I can't do this anymore."

Okay, okay, I get it. I had abused it to the point of no return. And with the frigid temperatures approaching, I really had to do something about it. So I went to the experts and tried PHYTOKÉRATINE Extrême by PHYTO Paris.

This was my first time using PHYTO products, so I had no idea what to expect. I felt good being the hands of such long-time pros and that their products had "extreme repairing action,"

At it's heart - botanical keratin made up of 18 amino acids derived from wheat, corn, and soya with "biomimetic properties that replicate natural keratin." Whoa. Colour me impressed. And it gets even better - it knows where your hair needs it the most and delivers it deep into the hair shaft. Do you think it knows where my missing sock is?

It also boasts sapote butter and baobab oil, two ingredients you don't see too often, but you'll soon see why they're so extraordinary - sapote butter, for example,  has twice the concentration of omega 6 than regular ol' shea butter, which up until now, you thought was all that.

PHYTOKÉRATINE Extrême Exceptional Shampoo comes in a hard metal bottle that looks gold-spun. Stunning. I can't believe the shampoo comes out so easily without having to squeeze it. That's a first.

Also a complete departure from what you're used to - it doesn't foam and get all sudsy like your usual brands. That's because it's sulfate free. There's no silicone either. With 95% ingredients from natural origins, your hair gets lightly cleansed, not stripped down and further damaged. And the light floral scent is just delightful.

PHYTOKÉRATINE Extrême Exceptional Mask comes in a large wide gold tin. The soft peach-coloured weighty cream/paste has a thick texture like lemon curd (always with the food references, I know). If you rub it in your hands for a bit, it warms and softens. That's when you apply it to your hair. It's not heavy, but oh it's rich. You can feel it infusing your hair with nourishment. As soon as I've applied it, even in the shower I can feel it's softer and silkier - nothing like the bone-dry locks I entered in with.

The mask's ingredients are 85% from natural origins without nasty silicone and paraben. Just watch as your hair looks and feels healthier, stronger, shinier, silkier and way more manageable.

Every single time I've used it someone says how good my hair looks. It gives it a fullness that I don't have the pleasure of having naturally and it is insanely stronger, shinier and more together than it ever is on a "regular" day.

If you want a serious hair do-over, the PHYTOKÉRATINE Extrême Collection is the way to go.

Also available in the collection - PHYTOKÉRATINE Extrême Exceptional Cream

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.