Aromaflage - Buh-Bye Bugs & Hello Sleep!


Mosquitos and other insects adore me. Seriously, if you're walking with me during the summer months, it can be frustrating as I'll be as surrounded as the FBI's most wanted.

But I don't want to use anything with chemicals or harmful ingredients. I also don't want to smell like a walking medicine cabinet. Which is why I am so grateful to have discovered Aromaflage.

It isn't just an insect repellent. It is a botanical fragrance that just so happens to also keep pests away (place roaring crowd, parting of clouds to reveal ray of sunshine here).

Founders (and husband-and-wife) Michael and Melissa Fensterstock (otherwise known as Mikey & Momo) were traveling through Southeast Asia where Melissa was getting devoured with bug bites. They discovered an exotic, botanical fragrance that doubles as insect repellent. 

"It smelled so good and worked so well. Too often we passed on applying perfume or cologne to avoid attracting painful and itchy bug bites. Too often we scrubbed our legs of insect repellent before climbing into bed…no more," says Michael.

This thousands-of-years-old recipe outperformed DEET and Citronella in their tests.

Aromaflage ingredients are simple - denatured alcohol, essential oils and vitamin E. That's it. There are no parabens, sulfates or DEET. Just the good stuff. A blend of vanilla, orange peel and cedarwood essential oils is sunny and surprisingly sweet - but just a hint of sweetness, nothing too syrupy or clingy. It's a delicate, feminine perfume that you can wear all summer long, while keeping creepy-crawlies at bay.

Aromaflage Wild works exactly the same but has a earthy, spice depth to it. Essential oils including lemongrass, geranium, thyme, fir balsam, lavandin, spruce, patchouli, and cardamom give it a leathery, forest feel that is still feminine. Think rockin' boho chic and that's it in a bottle. Mmmm...

And you've got to try the BRAND NEW Aromaflage Botanical Sleep Fragrance. I am OBSESSED. 

First the sleep part: I have never been a great sleeper and recently, it's been even more erratic. So much so that I was looking at natural supplements at the health food store, when this arrived.

Hunkering down at bedtime, I spritzed my neck and my pillow with Aromaflage Botanical Sleep Fragrance, but I have to tell you - I was super skeptical. After all, I had smelled and used French lavender, Brazilian rose and Madagascarvanilla essential oils before and it hadn't ever put me to sleep. Or made me drowsy even.

But I was so taken with the ingenuity, heart and immense talent behind Aromaflage and Aromaflage Wild that I thought that the worst that would happen is it would relax me a little.

Before I could even click on my next Netflix episode, I was asleep. I also slept through the night, which also is not a regular thing. Hmm, maybe it was just beginner's luck. So I tried it the next night. I'm watching The Good Wife, Season 6 and... bam! It's 6 a.m. I had conked right out. And each time I woke up feeling completely refreshed and energized. Ahhh!

So it works. It really works. How I'm not entirely sure, but I love that I can finally get a good night's sleep without having to resort to pills or other sleep aids. And I actually look forward to bedtime now. God, I wish there was an Oscar for best product that I could give, because these guys should definitely win.

Now for the fragrance part: It smells so divine, I wish I could wear it all the time. It's a heady, rousing affair that I would don every single day if I could. The only problem? I would be nodding off all over the place: Out at the grocery store, reaching for the lemons... Zzzz. Grabbing a drink with hella handsome... Snore. 

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.