Blue Crab Stoneware by Dovis Designs Adds Art & Whimsy to Your Home

9:46 am

 
My kitchen has changed a lot over the years, but the most profound change has been to ensure I only have treasured items around me. Whether they perform a certain duty (thank you chef's knife) or are there to look pretty (my bistro sign because one day I hope to cook for more than just friends and family again), everything in the kitchen has to be spectacular.

And thanks to Dovis Designs Hand-Painted Blue Crab Stoneware, my latest additions are just that.

Nationally known folk artist José Dovis, designer of the Blue Crab Bay Co. logo in 1985, created the piece's well-known and beloved blue crab motif and now the happy blue crabs and grapevine swirls are hand-painted in Thailand, which means your pieces are completely one-of-a-kind. And despite the fine artistry and craftmanship, this amazing stoneware is microwave and dishwasher safe as well as oven safe to 400°F.

They've got everything from bowls for your chowdah to large oval platter that don't have to showcase just crustacean dishes. You'll never want to use just plain white plates or bowls after these beauties wow the crowd.

Your table isn't the only place to be graced with this functional art. The roomy Blue Crab Canister is the perfect counter accessory, which also happens to provide great storage for cookies, dog biscuits, or if you want to keep with the crab theme, oyster crackers. Drool... And while my Blue Crab Utensil Holder stores my favourite spoon, ladle, potato masher and spatula, it's so much more than that - it's tradition and art and food and love. 

And that's why my kitchen is both prettier and happier for having Blue Crab Stoneware in it. It feels like home. 

 The other thing you might not realize is despite its good looks, these pieces are darn sturdy. So get rid of the stuff you've had on the counter and in the cupboard for years and get yourself a bunch of Blue Crab Stoneware. It's almost as good as having the seaside right at your doorstep. The delightful crabs certainly remind me to keep my famous crab cakes and corn chowder on the menu at home.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Like me on Facebook