I can't think of anything more luxurious than a beautiful scented candle.
But not all candles are created equally. Which is why you've got to get Objects with Purpose. They are made with such love and grace and look as beautiful as they smell - which is why they are a phenomenal gift either for someone else or to keep yourself.
Crated by Ianthe Mauro, these gorgeous, sustainable, 100% organic candles started out of a practice she did as student back when she was a kid. Carrying on the tradition as an adult, she couldn't find ones that would "evoke a sense of meaningful purpose, and bliss," without being terribly toxic, she so created her own.
Her stunning collection not only looks great and smells great, but thanks to mixing essential oils with the highest grade organic renewable coconut shea & apricot butters, you can spread it on while warm and use it as a body butter, and as a perfume when it's cooled down! Seriously, how cool is that?! So each candle provides you with light, aromatherapy, decor, perfume and moisturizers. There's no way your current candles are doing all of that! Oh, and in case that's not enough, every candle comes with a die-cut round card that asks:
“What is your purpose today?
imagine a purpose
Strike a match
Light the wick to ignite your wish
Smooth warm wax onto your skin
Thank the flame”
Every order also comes with a package of matches. So tack on a getting a little meditation moment in your day now as well, never mind how relaxed and peace you're going to feel inhaling these luxurious, rich scents.
See why they make such great gifts? And she packages everything so beautifully - gold tins, unbleached cotton muslin bags, richly textured bags, thick, satiny ribbons, gold decals - that you don't have to wrap them. Each candles looks just perfect on its own, no matter what size you get!
You can enjoy them all with the Purposeful Gift Basket or select the sizes and scents of your choosing. I was a fortunate girl to try many of them:
- “Asher” fig & Sage (named after her son) is a sexy male scent with a hint of leather, forest and aftershave, thanks to fir needle, cedarwood, patchouli and citronella essential oils.
- It kind of reminds me of a freshly cleaned library. There's a decidely books scent going on in “Gifted” white tea, fig & tobacco. Maybe that's the tobacco or the blend of eucalyptus, spearmint and orange that's got my head in the books. Either way, it's deeply compelling!
- Close your eyes and deeply inhale. There is nothing that sings spring as much as “Lawn Bowling” fresh cut grass! One of the happiest, most delightful fragrances I've ever encountered. And it's exactly as you'd imagine it being - fresh cut grass after a sunny rainshower. Ooh, it's incredible!
- For a truly feminine air, get “Dahlia” rose & Lychee (pictured above). Its pretty scent is so relaxing and rejuvenating at the same time, you'll be torn between lying on the grass in the park reading or finishing those 12 projects that you've been meaning to get around to!
-Warm and woozy, “Fight or Flight” jasmine & vanilla has a laidback air that you won't be able to tear yourself away from. So put on some music, pour yourself a hearty glass of wine and let this fragrance take you away to another time and place. It's a mini, modern staycation, if only for an hour or two.
- The New"Archetype Rising" peony plum Cucumber & firewood is more of an experience than a single scent. Of course you can detect each of the ingredients on its own, but it's the combination of these that make such an impact. It's going to sound strange, but it kind of feels like building materials to me - wood, cinder blocks, metal - and a little bit of sunshine thrown in there to keep things bright and light. It's an exciting scent that we'll each experience differently, but I imagine we'll all end up at the same place: a little happier, a little lighter.
Oh, what a gift!