The New Line of 100% Organic Spice Blends from Teeny Tiny Spice Co. of Vermont ROCKS MY WORLD!



Do you ever feel like all of your food tastes the same?

I do. Despite changing up the menu every night, I think because I tend to buy the same ingredients again and again, my cooking tends to feel very familiar.

Sure, getting a new cookbook helps, but I feel like it never really changes.

One of the most revolutionary ingredients I've ever come across is the new line of 12 100% Organic Spice Blends from the Teeny Tiny Spice Co. from Vermont.

They are like nothing I've ever cooked with or eaten before (and remember, I eat for a living!).

Owners Thora and Ed Pomicter (pictured above) "always had a passion for global cuisine, but were often challenged by ethnic recipes that required so many different spices that it was nearly impossible for them to keep their pantry adequately stocked. To resolve this, and help other home cooks add the flavor of various world cuisines to everyday meals with ease, they created Teeny Tiny Spice Co. of Vermont." 

Thank goodness for Thora and Ed's ingenuity, because these spice blends truly bring the world right into your very kitchen. You get the flavours of Northwest and Southwest India, North and East Africa and places that you might not normally be able to replicate easily at home.

I live in a very metropolitan urban center and I have to say, I've never seen anything like these before. Nothing that is this authentic, that's certified organic, that's made in small batches, that is so flavourful, so easy to use and very affordable! Ed says, "We provide spices already combined in proportions to give you just the right flavor profile to create dishes with the essential flavors of North and South, East and West."

And let's be honest - when's the last time you made Ethiopian, Persian or African for dinner?

I am so grateful for having found these spectacular blends. I mean, Chocolate Chili? With it's cocoa nibs, juniper berries, organic Vermont maple sugar and Himalayan pink salt, you can see why Teeny Tiny's spices far and away beat my ol' standard chili recipe any day! And I'm in love with the British Curry mix - it's become my new favourite comfort food dish - and so easy to prepare.

Choose from so many exciting selections - British Curry; Citrus Pepper; Ethiopian Berberé; Garam Masala; Montréal Seasoning; Penang Curry; Perfection Spice Rub; Persian Adwiya; Ras el Hanout; Shepherd Herb Mix and Vindaloo. I love the range of this line - you can simply put some rub on some pork chops or chicken if you don't feel like doing too much or if you feel up to a few simple steps, create a Thai Style Penang Curry or Ras el Hanout Tangine.

Each spice blend covers you for at least four to eight "full recipes" depending on the blend and how heartily you use it. Each tin of spices tells you the heat level as well as how to use it, so you don't have to start from scratch every time - just get your veg, grains and/or protein, add your spice blend and away you go. To a brand new, healthy way of eating!
I recommend getting One of Everything. Or at least the Herb & Spice Collection or Heat Collection. Because these are going to be your culinary best friends for life.

p.s.- True story. I was going to make a Shepherd's Pie one night and I thought the Shepherd Herb Mixour cat Cosmo would really give it new life and zest. But had grabbed it from the low spice shelf it was on in the kitchen and apparently, it was better than catnip, as he was playing with it, tossing it around like a football. It happened every night for a week, until I went and put it on a slightly higher shelf. I'll keep you posted...

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.