The Secret to Mouth-Watering Meals? Olivado Oils


This week, I took my 4 book clubs to a restaurant I'd chosen to go with the book we'd just read. The restaurant serves Southern Italian cuisine and the simplest foods were made extraordinary by their exquisite olive oil. Plain bread and sauteed kale were no longer plain.

And that's the difference great olive oil makes.

One of the best I've tried , and now my go-to brand, is Olivado.

The proof was dinner last week. I started a new project that I worked on all day and left me exhausted at night. As much as I wanted to make something memorable, I couldn't tend to anything too complicated. So I roasted chicken, made some rice and broiled some asparagus I'd tossed with Olivado Avocado Oil. Out of all the items, despite marinating the organic, free-run chicken and adding exotic spices to the rice, it was the asparagus that my fiance fell for. And it being January, the asparagus certainly wasn't in season or at its peak. The flavour came from the oil.

So when I made steak a few nights later and rubbed ------ on it, it was the oil that brought it to life.

Olivado Avocado Oil is excellent for high heat cooking (it has one of the highest smoke points at 250) and enhances your dishes instead of overpowering them. It is rich in chlorophylls that reduce your risk of cancer and all the vitamin E helps reduce incidences of cardiovascular disease.

It contains no trans fats or cholesterol and is high in monosaturated and polyunsaturated fats.

In case that's not exciting enough, consider that Olivado Avocado Oil meets the Heart & Stroke Fountain Health Check Criteria, has 10 times more chlorophyll than olive oil and has twice as much beta-sitosterol than olive oil, which reduces cholesterol absorption in the body.

I am hooked for life on Olivado Avocado Oil. Their Avocado Zest Oil too If you are on a raw diet or want another oil with a high smoke point (410), try their Macadamia Nut Oil. Olivado Omega Plus Oil is a great all-purpose oil that is a blend of cold-pressed, extra virgin avocado, olive and flaxseed oils.

These rich oils are so flavourful and fresh that you'll be looking for any excuse to have them. I'm making homemade dressings, marinades and roasting vegetables left, right and centre just to envelop myself in Olivado's fine flavours.

If you want to take your food to the next level, get yourself Olivado Oils.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.