Get the Most Stunning Looks With Hard Candy!


I have always loved the edgy rocker look of Hard Candy cosmetics, but I've never had the chance to try them.

Up until now.

It was worth the wait.

Meteor Eyes Baked Eyeshadow is unlike any other shadow I've ever tried. It's not flaky at all. It goes on smooth and adds sparkle without being tweeny at all - just Debbie Harry cool. You can use it wet (for an intense look) or dry (for sheer), which makes it the perfect fashion accessory. I tried in in Lunar Eclipse, a dark gold that goes with absolutely everything from dark jeans and tank top to slinky dress and heels.

And I was even more amazed by Powder Keg Loose Eyeshadow. Usually I find loose powder to be too difficult to apply, too messy. But Hard Candy is so genius when it comes to their product design - it comes with an applicator that makes it seem like regular shadow. It goes on so effortlessly with almost no powdery drops to be seen. And here's the best part: when I swathed on Revenge, a great modern mauve, it went on ultra bright. Like fashion runway bright. Which is great if you're heading to a club, but my look is a little quieter than that. So I ran my finger over it and voila - THE MOST PROFESSIONAL, PERFECT LOOKING SHADOW I'VE EVER TRIED!

Loose powder - who would've thought?

See, the amazing thing was that suddenly, I had eyes that looked right out of a cosmetics ad. And you know me. - I'm not at all talented when it comes to applying makeup. But this shadow didn't crease, didn't go on too bright in one area and too light in other, like many in the past.

Seriously, I looked like I had been in the hands of a professional. And it was all me. That's how you know that it is superior - when it does all the work yourself.

I was also impressed with Hot Smudge - Duo Smudge Shadows. I tried Rocker Chick - green and black, which let's face it, is pretty edgy on its own. Again, no creasing, easy to apply.And this soft cream allows you many options - line, smudge, shadow, blend - so you can create sharp lines or smokey bedroom eyes.

To finish the look, you've got to try 1,000 Lashes. This fiberized lash weave mascara builds volume, so you get thicken, longer lashes in just a few seconds. I love that I got to try Divine, an edgy purple that is such a great change from my usual black.  If you haven't already, I highly recommend moving out of your mascara colour comfort zone. It's just so much more fun this way!

Ooh, I love the design of the compacts of Welcome Matte (mattying translucent powder) and Moon Glow (a shimmering translucent powder)! These deep containers keep the powder on the top level, while the heart-shaped pink sponge (aww!) and mirror lie below. You can now choose how you want to look, instead of letting nature dictate it - matte or glow?

For my lips, Plumping Serum gives such a sexy sheer, wet look, you'll look like you just stepped out of a magazine shoot. And Painted Lady may look like regular lipstick at first glance, but the bright colour is fantastic. No Peeking makes me look straight outta modern day Mad Men! And it's so soft and creamy with shine, so it's definitely not your Mom's lipstick. Lipstick that doesn't dry out or flake? Painted Lady has it all. And the shine of Button Your Lip is so fantastic. Moisturizing too. And you get a matching lip liner (no sharpening needed!) to boot. Swoon.

Just Nails gives great, long-lasting colour and allows you to put a ring on it.  What I like about Mr. Wrong's mauvy brown is that it is so flattering. I love that it went on like a dream and lasted f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

I try cosmetics all the time and Hard Candy makes my top 5 list of all-time favourites. And here's the best part - it's damn affordable and you can get it many stores, including Wal-Mart.

What are you waiting for?!

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.