Keep Warm This Winter With Brando, Toasty Boys and Sauza Tequila!

This is one of the coldest winters I've ever experienced.

It's the kind of cold that lingers despite having come in from outside 10 minutes ago. The kind of cold that runs right through you and keeps you in tea, hot chocolate and soup all night. And the kind of cold that thankfully, makes you want to cuddle up with someone warm.

Here are a few things I've found that help:

Brando USB Heating Blanket

This is such a fantastic find, I wish I'd known about it years ago!

I work at home and our heat often doesn't come on until the evening, which means that I am often left to downing cups of hot tea and rubbing my legs and hands vigourously to keep the circulation going.

And don't think I don't remember how cold it can be working in an office! I used to have heavy sweaters that I bought specifically for the office cold and left them over my chair and it was much as my life there as the photocopier and copious cups of coffee!

But there is now a saving grace, my friends! The Brando USB Heating Blanket allows you to stay warm, all with the simple power of USB. Just connect it to your computer, wrap the thick, faux fur around your shoulders, button at the neck and allow the built-in warming pad go to work!

It gets warm, not too hot, which means you can keep working despite the chill in the air. I love it!

Toasty Boys

My fella doesn't like to wear long johns or anything of the sort, but it's so cold out that he really needs an extra layer of protection.

Thank goodness for Toasty Boys - the first thermal boxer brief!

They are made of a nice thick (but not too bulky) 100% organic cotton and come in natural and gray. They are also amazingly flattering for a waffle-weave knit. They hit mid-thigh and follow all of his amazing curves. My fella looks good in them. Real good. So good that we are delaying our walk to the library for just a little bit...

Get your fella a pair so that he can be warm all over!

Sauza Tequila

I know what you're thinking? Tequila? I can't drink it since that drunken incident in '95.

Well, it's time to get over the idea that tequila is a slam-it-back-get-drunk-as-quick-as-you-can drink! It's 2009, for crying outloud - don't you know that it is so much more than that?!

First of all, Sauza is a premium tequila, which means that you can sip it and enjoy it without that burn you'll recall from '95.

Secondly, they have come out with 2 hot flavours that are going to change your mind and preconceptions about tequila - Mango and Acai.

My fella makes a mad good Mango Tequila Martini last night, while I'm partial to The Brazilian Cooler:

- 3 parts Sprite
- 2 parts Sauza Acai Flavoured Tequila

Fill a tall glass 3/4 with ice, pour in Acai Flavoured Tequila, then lemon-lime soda. Stir and serve.

It will make your Appletini and Screwdriver look awfully dated (which come on, they so are).

Get Sauza Mango Flavoured Tequila and Sauza Acai Flavoured Tequila where you buy your liquor, beer and wine. And if they don't have it, have them order it in.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.