Primitive Cosmetics Gives Me Gorgeous Fall Lips!

10:11 am

I love featuring companies that you may not know about. I hadn't heard of Primitive Cosmetics until recently, but boy am I glad that I found them!

Primitive specializes in Primitive Lip Color - "made entirely of pure ingredients, without any additives or artificial color. Primitive is exceptionally emollient and naturally conditioning. Our exquisite color palette, inspired by Moroccan deserts, Balinese beaches, Caribbean sunsets, are memorable and beautiful."

And just look at the ingredients -Castor Oil, Candelilla Wax, Palm Wax, Wheat Germ Oil, Shea Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Vanilla Planifolia Extract, (may contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica, silica, carmine).

So you've got amazing rich colours that moisturize and condition your lips and all with completely natural ingredients - it's what we've always wanted, isn't it?

I got 2 colours to try- Corsica and Taj Mahal.

I love how when you put them on, you can feel the slick moisture of it immediately! The soft vanilla scent and taste isn't too bad either...

You can certainly feel the incredibly quality of the ingredients and my lips remained soft and pretty all day.

The Taj Mahal looks a little intimidating when you first see it in the tube - the bright gold colour might have you thinking Joan Collins and "Dallas" days, but don't worry - it goes on as a very soft, warm gold that you can wear on its own or layered on top of another colour.

I have never been able to pull off any kind of gold - nail polish, lipstick or eye shadow - but I have to say that a soft swipe of the Taj Mahal on my lips and I look somehow a little better than moments before - like I've had a nap or a massage or something. It glams me up just a little. Not like I'm off to a nightclub glam (because it gives a soft shimmer, not a glossy shine), but like I've taken just a little extra care in getting ready. Quite honestly, I couldn't have guessed the effect it would have on my face. I just might have to wear this one every day, I love it that much!

And Corsica is just lovely. A rich, matte plumy pink that is just a little richer than my own lip colour gives me a rich pout that is full and sexy without being too much, too "there." In fact, it looks like my own lips but just a more perfect outline and shape and consistent colour. It's like I've been photoshopped just slightly to look better, yet all it took was a quick once over with the lipstick. My lips look like magazine lips - a little plumper, a little more defined, but otherwise all my own. And I even stayed within the lines!

See? You can look natural and beautiful without any fancy tools or tricks. Just an all natural lipstick that flatters and makes you look good.

It's heaven!

You can shop for them in person or online.

You Might Also Like


Like me on Facebook