A Gift List to Help You Find the Perfect Present For the Men & Women in Your Life!

4:00 am

No joke, I've got 10 friends with birthdays in November. It is by far the busiest birthday month of the year for me.

How the hell am I going to be able to get everyone not just something, but something spectacular? And with Christmas looming not so far in the distance, it is only going to get worse.

So I thought I'd create a gift list, not only for myself, but to help those of you who are in the same boat - you want to show someone you care, but you don't have a lot of time or money.

I've traveled the globe and found some really amazing stuff that makes wonderful gifts.

I hope it helps, at least a little.

Warmest wishes,

Stephanie
Stephanie Dickison
Publisher & Editor - the knack

Akhassa

If you want to indulge someone, there's nothing better than rich, luxurious creams that make you feel good from head to toe. Akhassa offers a range of products that restores and soothes you, body and soul. The three lines - Retreat, Nurture and Rituals - give you a chance to recharge yourself through natural products and beliefs of the East. The scents take you away and allow you to leave your troubles behind - at least momentarily.

The rich scent of Retreat Kaffir Lime Body Lotion is simultaneously relaxing and intoxicating. And I've been using Rituals Jasmin Hand Cream every day these last couple of weeks for a little lift in my day and to soothe my dry hands. It smells wonderful and somehow in the midst of the afternoon dozies, I am refreshed and awakened! The power of scent is a real, honest-to-goodness thing.

To keep my feet soft and sexy during this colder weather, Rituals Lemongrass Foot Cream does the trick. And the scent revitalizes me - and my tired tootsies.

One of my favourite scents in recent years is ylang ylang. It's flowery without being too sweet or noxious. It's feminine without being too frilly. I find it is wonderful for calming my frenzied mind and soothing my tired body. I got both the Nurture Ylang Ylang Body Lotion and Candle, because I enjoy the scent so much and recently had the candle going at a party we had. Almost every guest commented on how good the place smelled. I have to admit that after a couple of hours of cleaning and tidying, I took some of the credit, but did give a shout out to the candle for being the source of the great smell.

Sure, you can give someone flowers. But they'll die in a couple of days. These gifts will last, as will their scents. Now that's luxurious!

The Grateful Palate

As a food lover and writer, this would be a pretty amazing present for me. But actually, I know a few folks that would love it almost as much as I would. I mean, there's so much great stuff to choose from, likethe Danny Meyer Combo, which includes the new private label Marquis Philips Tabla Shiraz, Coffee of the Month Club, Champagne of the Month Club and Pie-tini of the Month Club.

And in case you haven't heard, bacon is the word and no body does it better than The Grateful Palate. They have bacon e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g! There's the Bacon of the Month Club and the New Bacon Combo.

It's the gift that keeps on giving, once a month.

Just one quick question - Where do I sign up?

Koyono

I am all about efficiency - and so when I came across the Slimmy - The Slimmest Front Wallet Pocket on Earth - I knew I had to check it out further.

It is so neat because it allows a guy (or a very streamlined gal) to carry cash, credit cards, driver's license, business cards and receipts all in one very slim place. I mean, that's all they carry anyway, except for loose change in their front pocket.

The design is simple, but certainly not boring. I got one in brown, because really - another black wallet?

If you know a guy that kind of likes to keep it simple, this is the perfect gift. Or, if you know a guy that needs a little streamlining, there's always that option as well...

Prismera Design

Jewelry is always a wonderful gift, and I have discovered the most wonderful, feminine creations at Prismera Design.

Laura Su, owner and designer says that the work that she creates "is contemporary with traditional influences. I find inspiration in everyday objects and events; I hope that my work will bring that joy into your life as well."

What I love so much about her designs is that they seem to come from land and see, inspired by nature and then molded to our more urban lifestyles. It is a joyous mix of old and new, the here and now with a reverent nod to the past.

There are many collections to choose from. The Succlent Collection has her taking desert-dwelling plants and melding them with ancient alloy. The results are simply stunning.

And the Flora & Folium Collection focuses on botanical silhouettes, which are both modern and romantic. I got the Chrysanthemum Earrings, which almost look like Chinese characters. They are incredible thin and light and incredibly pretty.

Laura has created a jewelry line that speaks to the modern woman in us that is looking pretty, delicate pieces.

You are going to want one of everything.

Zirh Warrior Collection

A nice manly scent is something that I think we ladies like secretly, yet we don't tell the fellas about because we don't want you to think that we're going to steal your soap and razor.

But as soon as the Zirh Warrior Collection Concentrated Shower Gels arrived, guess which one of us was the first to try it?

And has been using it every day for the last week?

There is something about Ulysses Legendary Greek King of Ithaca that I can't get enough of. Zirh calls it a "light exotic scent," but I've gotta tell you - It drives me wild. It is so manly, yet after I've lathered and rinsed and toweled off, I just smell pretty.

It's like a magic potion that takes me away when I'm in the shower and leaves me smelling spring clean throughout the day.

The same with Cyrus Persian Ruler. It's got this intoxicating manly scent that makes me think of a wooded bar, dark suit and a splash of heady cologne.

Quite honestly, my fella will probably have a hard time getting any of Zirh Warrior for himself.

I feel bad for him. It's made especially for him and here I am just hoarding it for myself.

I can't help it though. It smells that good.

Just you wait. You'll get some for your guy for Christmas and then all of a sudden, you'll hear, "Honey, Where's my Zirh Warrior Shower Gel?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like me on Facebook