Sometimes It's the Little Things That Make All the Difference

I feel like everyone in my life is going through really big things right now.

My fella got a new gig that will take him to new heights in his career, but will require a lot of work - just when he took on this huge project. My friend Cindy is taking on summer work these next few weeks until the school year starts, Camille wants to change career paths and Victoria's work will end in a week or two and she'll have to decide for the first time in 51 years, what she wants to do for a living.

So today I was thinking how sometimes it's the small things that make a difference - a smile from the coffeeshop guy when you feel on the verge of tears, a card in the mail from a friend telling you that they were thinking of you, or a really, really great product that does what it claims and makes you life a helluva lot easier - because life is tough enough right now. You can use all the help you can get.

I hope these help.

Warmest wishes and big hugs,

Stephanie

Stephanie Dickison
Publisher & Editor - the knack

A Really Good Chocolate Cookie (That Isn't Full of Bad Stuff)

Sometimes all you need is a little chocolate cookie to lift you up. And I have found the best in Pamela's Simplebites Extreme Chocolate Mini Cookies!

These hearty little cookies are like a brownie in cookie form. They are made with natural ingredients, are wheat and gluten-free and are perfect for filling that chocolate craving without having to succumb to a whole slice of cake or a bowl of ice cream. Just a few of these tiny cookies outta do it. And you can have 5 for 160 calories, which means you can indulge without the guilt!

So go ahead and have your chocolate cookies. You've had a hard day. You deserve a little something for your hard work.

A Really Close Shave

For both men and women, one of our biggest irks is trying to get a close shave. We try different razors and creams, but rarely do we find a combination that's satisfying.

Thank goodness good things come in little packages.

The Pacific Shaving Company's All Natural Shaving Oil is made from essential oils so it gives you an incredibly close shave with only 5-7 drops! It moisturizes your skin and helps reduce nicks and cuts.

It might be a small bottle, but boy does it do the job of a whole can of shaving cream and then some.

Ahh, life just got a little bit easier, didn't it? And because the bottle is so tiny, you've just freed a little more space in the bathroom cabinet.

Sigh.

Good Music

I know that music is completely subjective - but there are some new artists you may not know about that will rock your world and maybe, get you up outta your chair for a song or two. You never know what song will change your life...

How about Sabrina Korva's "Hold Onto Myself" and "Better Days"? Or Fernando Saunders groovy "Bass Talk"? I like to rock out to "Heavy Heart" and get quiet to "Hollywood Ending" by Chris Koster and "Miss It Everytime" by Sean Ashby.

I like the melancholy sounds of "You Are Here" by Phil Solem (of The Rembrants "I'll Be There For You" Friends theme song). And I'm intrigued by Stand's lead singer's voice as well as the layers of instruments and percussion - I stopped doing whatever I was doing while listening to them.

A Quicker - And More Beautiful - Way to Slice Your Veggies

I like to get dinner out quickly - I chop everything I need as things are marinating, roasting or broiling. But no matter how organized I am, I end up spending the whole time slicing, dicing and by the time I'm done, I'm exhausted.

Thank goodness for the Kyocera Advanced Ceramics Slicers! I got the Wide Julienne Slicer and the Double Edged Mandoline Slicer, which have cut down my chopping time immensely.

I like these slicers because they are lightweight and incredibly easy to use - just stand up on the counter and slice away. Salads are now prepared in mere moments and I can julienne cucumbers and carrots like that. The ultra sharp durable blades don't rust or brown foods and they are dishwasher safe. That means, you can actually use them and unlike mandolines, you don't have to assemble it or take it apart to wash it.

There are handguards included, and notches so that you can put them over a bowl and slice and julienne quickly without fear of it slipping and sliding.

I am grateful for my slicers - dinnertime has become a lot easier thanks to these tools. Which means more time to enjoy the food before me.

That's much better!

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.