I Love the Beautiful, Soft and Made of Entirely Natural Materials, Honeybee Gardens Makeup!

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen soft makeup. You know the kind that is soft on your skin and across your eyelash lines, the kind that gently sits on your skin instead of scraping across it. It’s hard to find and even harder to find ones that are all natural.

I got a few things from Honeybee Gardens to try. Created by author and herbalist Melissa J. Hertzler, her motto is “Create pure, all-natural bath and body care products made from only the finest organic ingredients, offer them at a reasonable price, and treat every customer like a friend."

I was thrilled to find someone that cared this much about natural makeup – they reuse and recycle as much as possible and do not test on animals – but I was absolutely smitten by the softness and good feel of her cosmetics.

The Truly Natural Mascara in Chocolate Truffle (Brown) is soft and silky. It thickened and lengthened my lashes and the brown really complemented my green eyes. It’s paraben-free and water-resistant, yet it’s one of the few types of mascara that I own that I can use just soap and water to remove it with (water is the first ingredient!). I love that!

It also comes in Black Magic (True Black) and Espresso (Black/Brown).

I love the JobaColors Eye Linerin Jet Set (Black). It is so soft and smooth (thanks to a jojoba-based formula) and leaves a creamy line without pulling or tugging at your lash line!

It is also paraben-free and comes in 4 other natural colours.

And if you’re looking for a versatile makeup, get PowderColors Stackable Mineral Color!

These loose powders can be used as eyeshadow, eyeliner, blush, and even mixed with their Clear WaterColors Nail Enamel to create custom polish colors! How cool is that?

Honeybee Gardens mineral make-up is a blend of “pure, uncoated mineral pigments and oxidized mica, free from unnecessary fillers and preservatives.” This means that you are getting just the good stuff!

The PowderColours come in a range of colours and shades and you get something shimmery for a little glam or something matte for just clean colour.

The little containers twist together so you can stack them and keep them all together – something I really appreciate because single containers can be so bulky and in a big makeup bag, get lost at the bottom!

And I love the names! I got Satin Sheets (peachy gold), Martini (a lovely, olivey green to match my eyes! and Moondust (silvery lavender)

They go on as light as air and come in a whack of colours that you can mix and match.

This is makeup that you’re going to want to play with!

They are also vegan-friendly and does not contain dyes, lakes, carmine, FD&C colors, fragrance, talc, bismuth oxychloride, parabens, petroleum derivatives or dimethicone.

Sample sizes of some of Honeybee Garden’s products are available so you can try them before committing to the full size. But I think you’ll find them a huge and welcome change from the drugstore varieties.

I sure did!

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.