Can’t Afford A Day at the Spa? That’s Okay Because I’m Bringing the Spa Home to You!

I don’t have the time or money to be heading off to the spa every week or month, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t enjoy a good pampering.


So I set out to find some products that make you feel like you’re at the spa – stuff to make you feel good from head to toe. That and a couple of good nights of sleep, maybe sleeping in over the holidays too, will help.

These next two weeks are always so nuts - the eating, traveling, present exchanging. It can be a bit overwhelming.

So take this time to indulge and take care of yourself during all the frenzy. And don't you want to start the new year off feeling rejuvenated and refreshed?

Me too.

Warmest wishes,

Stephanie Dickison
Publisher & Editor - the knack

Artemis Woman Heel Smoother Pro Pedicure Appliance

I’ve always had funny feet –toes that stretch in different directions and so pale that I can only pull off tulle pink polish – but finally I’ve found a solution for my dry heels.

The Heel Smoother Pro is a rotating file that smoothes your dry, cracked heels, toes and callouses. And not only does it work, but I used it once a couple of months ago and haven’t had to use it since!

It’s that good.

The handle is easy to hold onto and all you do is run the rotating file over your skin. It doesn’t hurt and it takes away everything old and leaves your feet looking replenished and ready for the barest of sandals.

There is a smaller file tip to work around your toes, which is a dream, and gets rid of those hard edges that come with wearing tight, high-heeled boots all day long!

Not only that, but it comes with a 1 oz. jar of Healing Gems Topaz Foot Butter which further soften your tootsies!

The Smoother requires 2 AA batteries that are not included.

Aren’t you glad to be able to use something that’s fast, safe and effective without the use of harsh chemicals or sharp blades?

I know I am.

LaCoupe orgnx Hair Products

Is your hair having the winter doldrums? Do you have dry, undernourished locks that lack luster?

Then may I suggest LaCoupe orgnx, a line of hair products that use Certified Organic Botanicals to bring out the lushness of your hair. These products restore your hair’s strength and vitality so you can worry about more important things.

And it is helping the planet too. Natural ingredients like fig, avocado and sweet lupine condition your hair.

I’ve been using the LaCoupe orgnx RE| balance Shampoo and Conditioner, which smell great (every time I use it, someone tells me how great my hair smells) and treats my hair with pure marina protein, nettle, ginseng and psyllium, to give it strength and life. And knowing that they have natural ingredients makes me feel like I’ve made the right choice.

I really like the LaCoupe orgnx EN|rich Deep Conditioner that really sinks and gives me the extra protection and shine that I need, due to the incredibly cold weather and colouring my hair. You leave it on for just 3 minutes and when I blow dry my hair, it feels thicker and more vibrant.

It has amazing ingredients like vitamins A, C, and E shea butter, rosemary, chamomile, ivy, avocado and a special blend of orange, lemon, sugar cane and sugar maple.

There’s also the Re|vitalize Leave-In Conditioner, which if I let my hair dry naturally, my curls and waves come out beautifully. A little bounce along the way too, which I’m always in need of – and so grateful for. It too feels thicker and healthier and that’s something I’m always on the lookout for. I love the soft mist and scent – it feels as you spray as if you really are taking care of your hair.

And for days like today, when it’s kind of rainy, I rely on Re|centre anti-frizz serum, which tames my curly locks and keeps everything in place.

Finally, I have soft manageable hair.

Now if only my thighs were so manageable. .. got to get these jeans oncome on

Colormark Hair Colour

Want to touch up your grey roots but tired of paying for your hairdresser to do it or getting yet another box at the drugstore?

ColorMark is a fantastic solution for those in between times.

It’s neat because it’s an actual temporary liquid hair colour, so if you’ve used hair mascaras or crayons before, this is something completely different.

And it stays put until you wash it out.

A bottle can last you 2-4 months, depending on how much hair you’re doing.

And what I love about it is that you apply it on dry hair, so you can do it at any time of day. It dries in a minute so you can put it on just before you head out the door if need be AND is can be used over any gels or hairsprays and you can apply hairspray afterwards and not worry about it running.

Brushing your hair after application isn’t a problem either. Just brush as usual.

And there are 12 colours so you can find one that comes closest to your hair colour.

Just think – you can touch up your roots anywhere – hotels, airports, or in between appointments while you’re out and about.

Now that’s revolutionary!

Streekers

And if you don’t have grey hair and want a hit of temporary colour, try Streekers!

It comes in 8 delicious bright colours - pink, blue, ultra violet, red, green, yellow, orange, purple!

It too can be applied over products and won’t flake off when you brush your hair. That’s because it is a true temporary hair colour and not a hair mascara, crayon or paint.

I love how vibrant the colours are – in the new year I’m doing pink for sure and maybe even ultra violet! I think my guy’s going to do green, maybe red.

I’m so excited! A shock of colour without having to sit in a salon and pay a whole lot of money - and it only takes a minute to apply and set.

And it comes out as soon as you shampoo your hair.

So be pink for a day. I think you’ll find it liberating.

Le Petit Prince Bath & Beauty Products

Antoine de Sainte-Exupery wrote “Le Petit Prince” a long, long time ago, but the allure of the tale continues.

And now a wonderful, gentle line of perfumes and bath products is available. They are made for anyone with sensitive skin – babies, children and adults.

I love Les Pailletttes de Bains Moussantes (Foaming Soap Flakes) which are slightly fragranced, but won’t irritate your skin. And the flakes give a lovely thick foam to envelop yourself in. Isn’t that a nice thought especially at this time of year?

It is alcohol free so you can be sure to come out of the tub with nothing but clean, soft skin and a light, clean soapy smell with just a hint of citrus and a lovely swath of fresh flowers (freesia and lily of the valley).

And that’s why I’m such a fan of the Eau de Toilette. The large alcohol-free spray bottle is one of those scents that you can wear anytime day or night because it is so light.

And the picture of the prince on the front with the stars in the sky is just such a nice way to start the day. There is so little that we hold onto from our childhood that I think seeing the prince everyday is a good thing.

Young at heart?

I am now.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.