Darwin Design Clothing Makes T-Shirts That Are Environmentally Conscious

I admit. I have a long way to go to becoming an environmental activist. I do buy organic coffee and fair-trade chocolate and have made the switch from cotton to bamboo socks.

But there’s so much more I can and should be doing.

However, that’s a lot of pressure, so I’m taking it one day at a time – doing one thing each day. And I think this is how most of us who work and have busy careers manage to do it – slowly but surely.

That’s why I was thrilled to find Darwin Design Clothing, a company that dedicates itself to saving the earth, one shirt at a time.

All of their shirts are printed in Montana on “sweatshop-free, made-in-America shirts by American Apparel.”

You can shop by style or animal logo. The 4 animals that you can choose from were selected because they “represent very different ecosystems across the planet. From the North Pole to the South Pole, from low-lying lands threatened by rising sea levels to warm, moist habitats that would not seem immediately at danger by rising temperatures, these animals highlight the potential catastrophic change that awaits us if we don’t reduce our impact on our ever-changing world.”

There is the Gentoo Penguin, Arctic Polar Bear, Bengal Tiger and Red-Eyed Tree Frog. You can read more about them and their plight here.

You can support the company and the earth (they donate 10% of all proceeds to the Earth Island Institute) by purchasing any of their women, men, kid or baby shirts available at their website.

It’s definitely hard to choose. I went back and forth, back and forth a million times before deciding on the Bengal Tiger with the slogan, “sustainable is attainable.”

I’m thinking I should get one of each. I mean it’s the least I can do.

One at a time, one day at a time.

This is how you and I can make a difference.

And you’ll look great in your new tee. Not a bad bonus.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.