Maybe it’s Time to Give Fiber a Second Look

So this may not be the sexiest subject, but getting enough fiber in your diet is something that we should all be trying to do.

It can be tough going, especially if you are eating on the run or picking up lunch near the office, but a new book has made me think that it is easier than you think.

I recently started reading The Fiber35 Diet: Nature’s Weight Loss Secret by Brenda Watson, C.N.C. and she claims that “you can lose as much as 8 pounds a month.”

This comprehensive book explains the benefits of increasing your fiber and especially of eating throughout the day instead of limiting yourself to just a couple of meals a day. Most of the book concentrates on breaking down what types of foods and vitamins to focus on and most importantly, how much (or how little, depending on how you look at it) to consume. There are supplement suggestions and exercises but it’s the recipes and suggested weekly meal plan that I’m most excited about.

I am going to try and lose 10 pounds in the next 3 months. Reviewing restaurants will make this extra difficult but when I’m at home, I’m going to follow this plan and see how I do. I eat similar to Brenda’s plan already so having veggie chili or a turkey burger for dinner won’t be difficult. And I’ll give the millet porridge and shakes a try. And multi-grain French toast? Oh yeah!

I am excited to try something that is good for me and will help me get rid of these last few pounds that are driving me crazy.

I don’t know if more fiber is the secret ingredient that I need in my life, but I’m willing to give it a try.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know how it goes…

Tomorrow I’m having a Chocolate Mocha Madness shake for breakfast. Hey, if you’re going to diet, you might as well have some fun with it!

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.