La Piana Makes Authentic Italian Fare

10:36 am

After the last episode of The Sopranos last night, I was aching for some authentic Italian fare to soothe and comfort me.

There is no better place to look than La Piana products.

I started with La Piana Original Italian Tarallini which are ring-shaped breadsticks from Apulia, made simply with wheat flour, white wine and olive oil.

I think Tony would approve.

I then put together a little tray with Grilled Eggplant, which is packed in oil with herbs and spices and contain no preservatives, alongside side some vegetables and Artichoke & Mushroom Bruschetta Topping on fresh bread.

Earlier in the day I had cooked up their Potato Gnocchi, which are 80% potato and only take 6 minutes to cook. I made a brown butter and sage sauce to drizzle over them, as an homage to Artie Bucco and Vesuvio’s.

And I also made their Ravioli with Squash Filling that I think would be a staple of Miss Carmela.

There are many other amazing items such as vinegars, oils, pastas, risottos and spreads, which I’m going to try.

Now that the Sopranos are over, I will have to make due with recreating ricot, baked ziti and chicken parm on my own.

It’s not the same, but at least it’ll be authentic.

You Might Also Like


Like me on Facebook