Drink of the Gods

You might not have heard of Yerba Mate much, but it’s darn good for you.

It comes from the mate tree and contains “24 vitamins and minerals, 15 amino acids, abundant antioxidants and caffeine” to give you a much needed energy boost.

Guayaki Organic Yerba Mate has created 3 blends – Traditional, Raspberry Revolution and Empower Mint – and they are powerful! You can feel the energy rush but it is not overwhelming, only helpful, I think. Like a good night’s rest can make you think about things so clearly. That kind of good rush.

Yerba Mate has a lot of properties that can help you with mental clarity and has even been said to help relieve allergies. It was, after all, said to be the drink of the Gods.

The taste can take some getting used to, though. It is a strong drink that has a slight tobacco-y aftertaste that may surprise you. It is less potent in the flavoured versions, which I preferred over the regular. My neighbour, however, has been drinking the original for years and like most things, has gotten used to it.

I love the Guayaki company as they make a number of exciting products and offer only organic, fair-traded and sustainable yerba mate drinks and blends. They also grow their leaves in the rainforest so that it is “the highest quality mate with the most flavour, vitality and nutrition,” hand pick, wood dry, and cedar-wood age them.

This company clearly cares about giving you a high quality product and I really believe in the good energy that their Yerba Mate offers. There is no high fructose corn syrup, GMO’s, artificial flavours or ingredients and synthetic vitamins. Only sheer goodness.

So I am adding Guayaki to my staple of usual suspects at the health food store. And while I may come around to my neighbour’s way of thinking on the original, I’m sticking to the raspberry and mint for now.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.