Hunchback No More

Recently I wrote about working at my sweet little rolltop desk. Crunched over my laptop from my rockin’ orange desk chair, I have been experiencing neck, back and shoulder pain for the past months.

A chronic complaint among writers, it is difficult to try and compensate for sitting, writing for 8-14 hours a day. I know the advice is often to take a break, go for a walk or do stretches, but there are days where I am lucky if I take more than 10 minutes to have lunch before getting back to work, and so getting up and going out isn't always feasible.

That’s why I am thrilled about my new Obus Forme Ultra Backrest and Seat! Although I do not intend it to replace exercise and stretching, it will alleviate my back on those days where I am at my desk chasing stories and deadlines.

The backrest is “specially designed and scientifically proven to relieve even chronic back pain,” and I have the piles of papers and charts to back it up (they come with the backrest).

It turns out that people who have tried it reduce their pain by “up to 50%.”

I have tried it for a number of days now and it is amazing how differently I sit. I am really upright for the first time ever, and I feel like I am lighter on my feet for the rest of the day.

The backrest works on relieving the pressure on your lumbar discs and lower back muscles, while the Ultra Seat works on 3 things:

  • Encouraging proper alignment between pelvis and spine
  • Assisting circulation through the lower extremities
  • Further reducing strain on the back

It’s amazing the difference it’s made already. And I’m not the only one to be thrilled to be sitting in comfort. The backrest was put to the test with Los Angeles bus drivers, where over 90% said they experienced “a significant decrease in pain while sitting.”

And it’s not just your back that benefits from this scientific wonder. It can also help alleviate headaches and improve breathing and grip strength, just to name a few improvements that you may experience along the way.

I haven’t had them for long enough to attest to anything other than my neck, back and shoulders, but I will keep you posted.

In the meantime, if you see a girl skipping down the street - that would be me. I can do that now that my back isn’t killing me.

I may just take up hula dancing next.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.