A Guilty Pleasure That Isn't Guilty After All

3:41 pm

A lot of the products and services I cover here is what I consider a guilty pleasure – wine, liquor, chocolates, exquisite clothing and jewelry.

And truthfully, aren’t I the luckiest girl in the world? But it is difficult to find products and services that are all that they are cracked up to be. That’s why I taste, test and wear whatever I come across.

So, in search of an affordable, tasty low-calorie snack, I have tried a lot of what I call “no-gos,” meaning that they don’t make the knack cut.

But recently I tried a brownie that was not only all of these things, but 75% organic too. You can finally have a scrumptious dessert without the guilt.

Glenny's offer many flavours, all coming in at 100 calories each. The chocolate chip, cranberry orange and blueberry Blondies didn't wow the crowd (I do think it must be hard to compete against the chocolate versions), but I really liked the peanut butter and regular chocolate brownies for a quick, sweet treat that wasn't full of calories.

The square is big enough that by the end, you feel like you've have just enough to satisfy you and not enough to weigh you down.

That’s hard to find, never mind be mostly organic and only 100 calories. They are also certified kosher, have 5 or 7 g of fiber (depending on which type you get) and have no trans fats or hydrogenated oils.

It’s not an everyday thing for sure, but I’m happy to have found something that will satisfy my occasional sweet tooth without adding extra pounds or guilt.

Now if I could only find a crème brulé that would do the same.

You Might Also Like


Like me on Facebook