Chocolate Heaven

Not having a sweet tooth can be tough as both a food writer/restaurant columnist and a youngish woman.

As it happens, most of the world oohs over chocolate and chocolate-flavoured things, and it can be a bit overwhelming for someone like me whose idea of a treat is spicy lentil soup or an avocado salad.

However, as I have to try the best of the best desserts when writing about restaurants, I have acquired a taste for good chocolate.

Open only a week, Chocolate Heaven Cafe brings exquisite chocolate to the Danforth. Finally.

The handmade truffles are fantastic. I had a dark chocolate covered in white and it was the softest, most velvety truffle I've ever had. Mmm. It was so good I actually could have had another one. Me, salt loving me.

They also have Double Chocolate Fudge Cake, Brownies, Hot Chocolate Whip, Caramel Pecan Crusted Cheesecake, Chocolate Chunk & White Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Fudge, Magic Cookie Bars, Macaroons and Kicking Horse coffee, to mention just a few things.

I spoke to the owner late on Friday night and he told me he'd been wanting to open for sometime, but wanted to find the perfect spot. He wanted to bring all sorts of chocolate goodies to one store so that you don't have to travel to 5 different shops and bakeries to satiate your sweeth tooth cravings.

Finally.

Chocolate Heaven Cafe Company
974 Danforth Avenue (just west of Donlands Avenue)
416-850-7587
chocolateheavencafe@hotmail.com
Open 7:30 a.m. to 9 pm during the week, Sat & Sun 12 pm-10 pm

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.