Hask - The Go-To Hair Care Used by Hollywood's Elite is Ideal for You Too. And Affordable.


Hask hair care's recent launch in Canada is extremely exciting for two reasons:

1. It is used by celebrities on the regular (and in movies and on TV - it recently made an appearance on Season Two of the fabulous Grace & Frankie)

2. You'll have THE softest, silkiest, most covetable hair. It's unbelievable.

I was one of the fortunate few to attend the recent launch in Toronto hosted at Blo Blow Dry Bar  with the amazing Jessica Elbaum, straight off the set of Modern Family, where she is key hairstylist.

First of all, she's stunning and yes, her hair's a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Secondly, if Hask is working for Hollywood stars and celebrities, chances are, it will probably help my mop.

Hask's wide range of affordable hair products includes shampoos, conditioners, deep conditioners and shine oils based on the key ingredients of Argan OilBamboo Oil, Charcoal with Citrus OilKeratin Protein, Mint Almond OilMonoi Coconut Oil, and new on shelves this month Kalahari Melon Oil, . Each line works to tackle specific needs, all at a price that you can afford and some products (shampoos, conditioners and shine oils) are free of sulfates, parabens, drying alcohols, phthalates, gluten and artificial colours.

Here's a peek at the new products I tried:

- Charcoal with Citrus Oil Purifying Shampoo & Conditioner

I am obsessed with these two. Although I am desperately trying to only wash my hair every other day, as advised by every hair expert on the planet, I have been giving in more and more. Because this duo completely transforms my locks and they really do deliver that deep clean that is so essential after using dry shampoo and styling products. 

Charcoal (made from coconut shells in the Philippines BTW) acts as a magnet and removes impurities both from hair and scalp without depositing any colour (phew).

The result? My hair is completely lifted and infused with body and shine (lemon and grapefruit oils).
My mane feels cleaner than it has in a long time and smells sensational. It's also feels like mohair. I'm not kidding. I can't stop touching it. And now I'm getting other people to touch it because it's insane how soft it is.

Argan Oil Repairing Deep Conditioner

Ooh, my hair was not looking or feeling well. It was like it came down with the flu and had taken to bed. Dry and lifeless, it didn't want to be touched or tousled. Apparently all the hair colour and heat I'd been heaping on it was too much. Ooh it was not a good look or feel at all.

So one night I slathered my hair with this treatment. You are supposed to keep it on for 10 minutes, but I went to bed with it because my hair was so troubled.

After washing and drying my hair, it was not just back to its old self, it was better. Deeply restored, it gained strength and softness, while remaining smooth and soft.

It got the serious TLC it was in need of and was so super easy. 


I have THE craziest hair, and sometimes even when I work on it for a really long time with the very best tools, it just doesn't want to agree with me. It takes a stand and doesn't care that I have a meeting in 30 minutes. Seriously, it's willing to go out looking like that. 

Sigh.

But this oil comes to the rescue each and every time I need to tame my bonkers mane. I smooth it on and my hair simmers down into position. It eventually agrees that I have to look polished and presentable and does what this oil tells it to - lay down and be quiet, but honey, don't be a bore. So buh-bye goes the frizz and frizzle, and my hair becomes soft and smooth with added shine. No grease, no fuss, and not much needed (a dime-size dollop is almost more than I need). 

Neat fact - You can use it on wet and dry hair.

- Hask Essentials

The lineup includes eight products that will save the day, from "cutting your dry time by half" with Express Blow Dry to a Dry Shampoo that "doesn't leave any residue," according to Elbaum.

I don't use a ton of product on my hair, but I am particularly smitten with  Repair that Hair Leave-In Conditioning Spray.

Like the whole Hask lineup, the scent is intoxicating. And this little miracle in a bottle goes to town on your tangles, frizz and flyaways, protects your strands from all that heat you keep directing at it, and then adds serious moisture, shine and softness.

---

Shop Hask now and get your hair right for once and for all. 

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.