Liquido Active & Northern Star Yoga Leggings - Work It


One of the best ways to help motivate you to get to the gym or yoga or dance class is to have fierce pieces that don't just make you feel and look good, but keep you comfy and dry while you kettlebell/downward dog/dap your heart out. 

Thanks to Liquido Active and Northern Star Yoga (Liquido Active's authorized Canadian distributor), you can move through exercises and stretched with ease and head out with friends right after. 

Because I wear streamlined pieces in classic shades in my daily professional life, I like to go a bit bolder at the gym. The striking patterns and vibrant colours of Liquido Active's limited edition, high quality yoga clothes and apparel help invigorate me when I'm trying to push past my achy legs and wobbly arms. 

You can shop for everything from jackets, tanks and bras to shorts, leggings and carpris. There's even selections for the fellas (Shop Liquido here).

High tech fabrics keep moisture at bay so I'm not bogged down by sweat and there's no risk of friction as I amp up my speed or grind through the next set of reps.

Liquido Active offers three types: Freedom (light, soft and stretchy), Comfort (breathable, all day wear) and Embrace (firmer, thicker, more support). Each one is made with Lycra yarn for comfort and softness, quick drying and offer 50 UVA & UVB protection, so go ahead and get outside!

What you'll notice first though, is how soft and smooth the material is. Say hello to your new favourite combo - 90% Polyamide, 10% Spandex. Not only do clothes feel great on and off the machines, they keep their shape, don't shrink, fade or pill either.

Talk about supreme quality. Made in Brazil - sweatshop free - these are pieces you'll have for years to come. And why you'll wear them around the house and to run errands as much as you will to spin class or pilates.

In addition to how great they feel - soft yet supportive, without cutting off your circulation like some workout gear - I love the array of wild designs. Sure you could stick with your usual choice of black, black, and black (at least Stellar Legging Lustrous BlackHarley Leggings Lustrous Black and Unitard take the dark shade up a notch), but I recommend going for more daring prints.

Bring the tropics to you with West Palm Beach, Emerald PapillionIce in Paradise, and The Palms.

Liquido Active and Northern Star Yoga Leggings also come in a host of geometric and kaleidoscope prints. I'm rocking Foxtrot Patterned Leggings hard. The mix of white, tan, burgundy and navy squares and stripes is rather sophisticated. while the addition of bright pink and orange stripes every so often injects a bit of zaniness to the eye-catching pattern.

One of my favourite features is the wide waistband that rests comfortably against my skin and sits above my hips without cinching or pinching. I feel secure and supported and it also ensures that as I drop and give you 50 (okay, 20), I won't be revealing more of myself than I intended. Want even more coverage? Shop the actual high waisted, wide waistband leggings.

I also treasure the fact that the prints are limited edition, so you'll be one of just a few in Ocean Splash or Folie. And every legging is in fact, unique so the print you see on the website may vary slightly from what you receive. One of a kind leggings that you don't have to pay extra for? Swoon.

Mosaique are perfect for my best friend Zoe, who takes yoga classes. They're from the extra long category. You don't have to be tall to shop this group - they simply offer a higher waistband by an inch (sweet), and the extended length means you can pull them over your feet - ideal for yoga and dance class.

Thankfully, all Liquido Active and Northern Star Yoga items can be tossed in the wash (cold water, gentle cycle). Then just hang to dry.

Workout, rinse, repeat.

If you see a girl boss at the gym in wicked leggings, that's me.

For serious #fitspo shop now:

- In the States, Europe, UK or Turkey? Shop Liquido Active.

- In Canada? Shop the new Canadian website Northern Star Yogastarted by Julie Kohlmeier, who was so impressed with the products, she decided to open up shop right here in Canada! Now you can purchase Liquido Active items in Canadian dollars, save on tax and duty, and enjoy faster, less expensive shipping. Way to go Julie!

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.