Bread & Boxers - Insanely Comfy, Cool & Sexy Basics from Sweden


Companies often claim that their basics are all you need. But far too often, their fabrics tug and pinch. Items slide and ride outta place. They bulk and emphasize your flaws instead of camouflaging them. So I went in search of superior essentials -- that don't empty your wallet.

I found it all in Bread & Boxers.

My serious crush began with the innate coolness that is just a part of Swedish creations. Here it comes across from the brilliant packaging - matte white resealable pouch with clear window - to their clean design of tees, tanks and undies for both men and women.

The brilliance is in the simplicity and form. Everything is designed to be comfortable and functional. Items are 94% or 100% cotton so that they breathe along with you, tees are slimmed so there's no added volume and they're a tad longer than your usual top, so you get this nice long and lean look. 

And there's no tags on the back - they print them right onto the fabric, so you never have to worry about that annoying scratchy feeling or having to eventually cut them off.

Each item comes in three basic colours - white, grey and black - with some items available in additional hues. I highly recommend getting a whack of every single one, because once you try them, you can't live without them.

Everything is basic, yes, but so much better. Here's why:

- Tank

This is one of the best tanks in the history of the world. 

It shapes and leans in, making you suddenly look so sultry. It's not a shaper, but it might as well be thanks to the magic combination of 94% organic cotton and 6% nylon.  It's higher cut than you're used to, which is a good thing. - it goes high under the arms so that it covers your bra and fills in where your low tops dip. And the neckline is the perfect scallop - showing off your divine clavicles and décolletage, but never giving too much away.

And it's so sleek, you can wear it under the thinnest blouses, tops, dresses and cardis. It works with everything from casual gear to more formal attire.

I have pretty much worn it every moment since it arrived, except to take it off at bedtime and to wash it. It's just so damn comfortable and sexy. 

I've already washed it a gazillon times (I told you I wear it all the time), but it still looks like new.

I told you it was amazing. It also comes Ribbed.


I am not really a t-shirt girl. Being curvy, I find everything is either too boxy or too clingy. 

Of course the Bread & Boxers Relaxed Crew Neck is perfection. 

Made from 100% organic cotton, it's beautifully lightweight so you don't feel like you're wearing anything at all. It's slightly sheer but not see-thru, so it's subtle and one of the best layering items you'll ever own - I've been wearing it in warmer weather and in snowstorms, and it's definitely coming on every plane/train trip with me from now on.

It hits right at the hips so it elongates as if you've hitting Pilates hard (I won't tell if you don't), and the raw neckline and hems add a de-stressed (different than distressed) feel that will relax you to your core.

Which is why you'll want to stock up - it is the perfect night time tee too. 

All day every day, I say.

p.s. There's also a regular Crew Neck in an organic organic stretch cotton blend (94% cotton, 6% elastane) that includes invisible neckline stitching.


Hipster panties were made for women like Cameron Diaz who dance around in them so adorably (remember that scene in Charlie's Angels?), it's practically painful. 

So while it's not a style I normally gravitate to, I am now a convert, but only if they're Bread & Boxers. The reason? They are the most comfortable undies I've ever tried.

If I did yoga at home (I could tell you I do, but that's not helping either of us), I'd wear them to do sun salutations in - they stretch every which way. And paired with the tank or tee, they're downright sexy as night wear or just for being comfy around the house.

In fact, the more I wear them (the soft stretchy feel is sooo addictive), the more I fall for them. Maybe I am a hipster girl after all.

Bread & Boxers is one of the best discoveries I've ever made. Discover them for yourself and shop right now.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.