Do Better Thanks to the Do One Good Deed a Day: A Journal

 
I am always on the lookout for more ways to better myself and do more for others, but like most people, I get caught up in my own life and thoughts and sometimes forget that the world does not revolve around me or my problems.

So I tried to remind myself by leaving little post it notes around to be more mindful of this. Trouble is, I have about 125 notes of reminders on my desk and in my purse, so whenever I found one that said, "Help someone across the street," a note about paying a bill always took presidence. Hmm. I needed a new system. And perhaps something that was a little more fun, too.

That's why I am so smitten with One Good Deed a Day: A Journal. It not only gives you 365 kind things to do for yourself and others, there is only one good day for each day and each deed takes up almost the entire page, making it incredible easy to keep at the top of your mental to-do list. In fact, it's so beautifully and richly illustrated, you'll have the image in your head all day - no more worrying about forgetting what you need to do! And there are a few lines beneath to allow you to capture your own thoughts along the way.


Each good deed is simple, so you don't have to worry about trying to fit it into your day. "Telling a friend she's beautiful" will take just a sec. So will "emptying the dishwasher." And you'll appreciate the reminder of "donating old eyeglasses." Not only are you allowing others to see, you're gaining much-needed storage space at home.

This thick journal is one of those amazing gifts that just keeps giving. I hope they come out with a new edition every year because I love it almost as much as how good it feels to do the deeds themselves.

Just in time for Mother's Day too!

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.