Sugru is the Solution to Almost Everything!


After a decade of loving this home, we are moving to a place just slightly bigger. And you'd be surprised what you come across when you're moving - sentimental things like photos albums from your youth (aww, look at how big my glasses were and how small my head was!) and things that you always meant to use, but never did. All the things that you meant to fix, meant to tweak, meant to hack at some point.

That's why you've got to get yourself Sugru. You won't believe all that it can do!

Sugru is an "air-curing rubber that can be formed by hand." Basically, it's like modelling clay for adults, made to fix and enhance your stuff. It will adhere to most things and after 24 hours, it develops into a strong, yet flexible silicon rubber that you can mold however you wish. It can be used in a variety of ways, one of my favourites being fixing your computer cable at the points where it starts to wear thin and you'd better believe that I'll making soft, cushy handles on all of my aluminum pots that heat up like nobody's business! And finally I can fix the dials on my stove where the lines wore off years ago (I have a new stove waiting for me at our new place, but I would like to help the next oven owner)!

Whether you get the Multi-Colour or Black &White, I think you'll see how many things you can save and fix, things that you probably thought were unsalvageable. A piece of my luggage broke when I was traveling last month and I couldn't think of a way to fix it so I was going to throw it out. Now I just have to add a bit of my Sugru and voila - my suitcase is saved!

I'm telling you, it's a freakin' lifesaver. 

Get yourself and folks on your list Sugru. You'll never find a bunch of happier, satisfied people.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.