Winter's Must-Have Collection? Jacob's Stunning New Nail Polishes


The nights are getting colder. Soon, the snow will arrive.

Which means piling on sweaters, scarves and jackets. The season can be a long one, wardrobe-wise - black everything, the same look over and over. It's a hard season to pull off successfully.

Or at least it was until the divine arrival of the Jacob's New Nail Polish Collection!

I have been donning Jacob's clothes, lingerie and accessories for decades now and they have always had an up-to-the-minute look but with a classic appeal that lasts long after the season has come and gone. So I had a good feeling about their new polishes. And my insticts were bang on - this collection is incredible!

First of all, you're going to have to get all the colours in the collection, because they are that amazing - and because they're only $6 a bottle, you can afford to! Secondly, they go on like a dream. Thin coats are quick and easy to apply thanks to the delicate brush. I am everything but a pro when it comes to apply nail polish (someone once gasped looking down at my hands, and not in a good way), but because of the non-globby formulation and a brush that allows you great control, I did a pretty perfect job applying the polishes.  It's not perfect, but way better than I usually manage.

And they are perhaps the glossiest polishes I've seen in a long, long time. Before I applied the top coat, I was thinking, they look perfect on their own!

Okay, now I have to tell you all about the colours:
Pink Chiffon - A polish that looks like streetlamp light on snow. It's oh-so-pretty and feminine and will be a hit of relief when you're head-to-toe in black.

Cashmere Cardi - One of my all-time favourite polishes, it's neutral with an edge. It makes me think of Angelina Jolie. I don't know why.

Prêt-à-Porter - Taupes are so modern looking and unbelievably flattering, that you will no doubt get as addicted to it as I am. This one in particular has a rich depth and warmth that is incredibly seductive.

Haute Couture -  A cheery coral-ish tone is a fabulous, instant way to add pop to any outfit. I think it's the perfect holiday party red.

Rouge Stiletto -  This is one of the best reds (pictured above) you'll ever find. It's never too much or too little. If you've never been able to rock red before, try this one. It's completely entralling.     

Runway Diva -  Plum is one of the season's hottest colours, but it can be tough to pull of depending on your skin tone. This one, however, is as full-bodied and sexy as a glass of carbernet.

Tuxedo Chic - Sometimes you want to add a glittery finish to your outfit. It doesn't get much better than this see-thru grey that shimmies and shakes like its on the dance floor. I love the modernity of this one and won't be saving it just for special occasions.

Skinny Jeans - I love this blue. It's James Dean and Marilyn Monroe vintage tangled with Kate Moss and Rihanna. The opaqueness mixed with the glimmery, moonlight-on-water glow is extremely enticing. In other words? It's hot.

I absolutely adore the new Jacob New Nail Polish Collection. I think you'll fall for it too.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.