My New Favourite Party Go-To Dessert is Kari's Malva Pudding


One of the biggest headaches for me when it comes to planning a dinner party is worrying about what to serve for dessert.

As I don't bake too often, I am always wondering what to offer people after the dinner dishes have been cleared. Chocolates seem too mundane and anything like cupcakes or macarons seem overdone. I want to serve something original and exciting, but truthfully, I'm not quite at the level of being able to do it myself.

So I looked to the pros, searching for an exhilarating choice. And I found it all in Kari's Malva Pudding.

These handmade cakes come way of the Mansfeld Family in Aptos California. Most notably by Miss Kari herself.  Using fresh "cage-free eggs from the Glaum chicken ranch just up the road and fresh apricot jam from the local farmer's market with no corn syrup in it," you'll appreciate all the wholesome, natural ingredients as well as the fact that one serving is only 230 calories!

Each pudding is spongy, light and moist and is like no other dessert I've ever had.  Slightly caramelly, it has a dulce de leche, creme brulee kind of feel, mixed with moist, fresh-from-the-oven cake. You serve it warm with custard, fruit or a complete showstopper - ice cream.

The pudding is is hand-poured and packaged and frozen fresh. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to:

- defrost
- heat up and serve in an instant
- store (up to 4 days at room temperature, in the fridge for up to 2 weeks)
- pass off as your own, if you want to (I never would, but I won't judge you if you do)

I am stunned that something that was shipped to me frozen can taste so out-of-the-oven fresh and homemade!

Be sure to get both Kari's Malva Pudding and the Chocolate Pudding because if you share these with your dinner guests, they are going to go like lightning.  

Of course, you could keep Kari's Malva Pudding all to yourself. But something tells me as much as you'll want to covet it for yourself, you won't be able to resist sharing it with friends and family!

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.