With All This Snow, You're Going to Need a Cute Hat - Pistil's Got You Covered

We are in the middle of snow squall here. It's like someone shook a snowglobe and I'm right in the middle of it. However, that's not going to stop me from going outside. After all, I have things to do, people to see. The key I've learned is to simply dress for it. 

I know that sounds obvious, but really, you've just got to dress warmly and then you can be outside without discomfort. But that also doesn't mean you can't be stylish.

Much of your body heat is lost through your head. So wearing a hat during these colder months is a must. I recommend cute and pretty over a bulky toque with your favourite sports team or company-issued gear.

Take a look at Pistil's awesome collection. Their modern hats are perfect for those wanting to be warm this winter, without having to sacrifice your personal style.

The 2010 Winter Collection offers hats for men, women and kids, so you can outfit the whole family at once!

I love the clean design of these hats. And somehow, they manage to create gorgeous finishing touches - linings, buttons and other details - that accentuate the design without ever taking away from it (How do they do that?!).

Take the Leaf Beanie for instance. The little tucks and pattern really make this hat spectacular, but it's not too busy or too much. This is one of the best - and most flattering - winter hats I've ever seen. Sugar is nicely streamlined and accented with the most beautiful colours. Snowberry's design will add life to that plain winter coat of yours.

If you like a brim with your knit cap, I think Blythe is a stylish warmer, as is Harper.

I'm rockin' the Cabbie in Charcoal (pictured above) and I've got to tell you - I've been stopped twice! People can't wait to tell me how much they love it. 

Me too. It's wonderfully sturdy, but comfy and warm (the wool/poly blend is so thick and there is a little elastic gathering at the back to keep it secure without ever being tight) The shape is incredibly flattering and you can wear it straight on or a little off to the side, so at least you've got options (it's going to be a long winter, so it's nice to be able to change it up).  The button detail gives is a little snap, but the unexpected surprise is most definitely the lining - it's pretty floral cotton! You get to enjoy it a little as it also like the inner edge of the hat's brim, but when you take it off, don't be surprised if you often put it floral side up.

I don't know how they do it - such a wonderfully detailed and beautiful hat that's affordable. I'm not complaining, mind you. In fact, now that my head is so warm (and stylin'!), I'm going to head out into this winter wonderland.

When you look and feel this good, you don't want to keep it to yourself!

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.