I have been colouring my hair at home (out of a box) for over two decades, so I guess you could call me an expert at it.
Here's how it's gone so far:
- It stinks. You know the box colours are filled with harsh chemicals because you can smell them the entire time.
- My scalps burns each and every time I apply the colour. And for years, I've had a kind of permanent dry spot behind my right ear from all of the scorching of chemicals.
- When I am in the shower rinsing out the colour, my hair is the texture of hay. It stays that way for at least a week and it forever feels damaged.
I didn't know it could be any other way.
It is unlike ANY AT-HOME COLOUR I'VE EVER TRIED (and yes, I've tried 'em all).
- First of all, there is no smell except for a slight floral scent. Not a hint of ammonia smell. Just pure pleasantness.
- Secondly, I didn't experience any burning on my scalp. Not a one! What a difference. I wasn't cringing at all during the 25 minute processing time.
- There is no mixing of developer, no powders to get everywhere. With U Colour, it's all in one packet - colour, developer and equalizer. You just open the Sachet Packet System, smoosh it and apply it. It's honestly that easy!
- You get 2 packets, a pair of nice thick latex gloves (instead of those cheap, thin plastic ones that you get with the drugstore brands and that never stay on for more than a second), a mini detail brush and instructions. If you have long hair, you'll need both packets, but since I'm rockin' a super short cut, I get 2 colours out of the one box! What a deal!
- My hair became silky soft as soon as the product went on and was rinsed off and shampooed out. My hair has NEVER BEEN SOFTER - and I just coloured my hair! #@!*! That's because, as it says on the back of the box: "Unlike other brands with pre- or post-conditioning treatments that only coat the hair, U Colour opens the hairshaft during processing, allowing the Equalizer to penetrate the hair to lock in lasting colour, shine and conditioning, all in one easy step."
- As I stepped out of the shower, my wet hair looked so dark. Hmmm, there's no way this is going to work, I thought. It just can't be this great. I dried my locks and indeed, they are the colour indicated on the box - Pearl Blonde 11.8 (pictured above).
I have found my hair colour for LIFE! And it's cheaper than what I've been paying for those crappy other boxes. It's actually affordable to colour my hair.
This is revolutionary folks.
Change your hair colour, change your life with Umberto Beverly Hills U Colour.